Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Elixir Brewing

AuthorMessage
Squire
Aug 12, 2009
Yes, I know this topic has come up in the past (like this one here: https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/44883.ftl)... It is an idea that has a bit of a fanbase, and while some people may not like the idea, I'm sure those that understand it would accept it as another Side Content like Crafting.

Brewing an Elixir would use a Crafting Timer, and the amount of Elixirs you can carry (not Activated) and the strength and effect of Elixirs you can create would be dependent upon your Brewer Rank.

Potions 101 (Quest in WC after becoming a Novice Crafter) - Quest Reward: Novice Brewer badge and Satchel for holding 2 Elixirs.
Apprentice Brewers (KT) get an upgraded Satchel that holds 3
Initiate Brewers (MB) can hold 4 in their Satchel
Adept Brewers (MS) can hold 5 + 1 More Craft Timer
Master Brewers (DS) can hold 6 in their Satchel
Grandmaster Brewers (CL) can hold 8 in their Satchel + 1 More Craft Timer
Legendary Brewers (ZF) can hold 10 in their Satchel

All Wizards will only be able to still have 3 ACTIVE Elixirs at one time. Brewing Elixirs will require purchase of the Recipe, and use Reagents, Snacks, and or Treasure Cards in the brewing of the Elixir.

All 'Elixirs' crafted by Brewing that effect Stats will NOT be usable in PVP. 'Energy Elixir' Recipe would be a Grandmaster Brewer or Legendary Brewer Recipe, and would contain reagents like Aquamarine, Aether, Golden Pearl, Sunstone, and Blood Moss, as well as probably High Level snacks like Shanta Pudding or Killer Tomato.

Again, I know some people are frowning as they read this thinking 'Why waste the time on this Side Content garbage?' but lets think about this. For every main world to be released since the game went Live, there has been at least 4 Major Side Content updates.

In example:
DS - Housing & Crafting, Grizzleheim, Mounts, Advanced Pets
CL - Gardening, Roaming Mounts, Wintertusk & Crab Alley, Wysteria
ZF - ??? We haven't had any yet.

Thank you for taking your time reading this, and please, keep your comments civil and constructive. If you're just going to hurl a stone, at least don't live in a Glass House.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I like this idea Johnist.

I think it would be a good way to increase our crafting abilities and allow many of us to have some of the elixirs that we can't afford the crowns for.

Usually Energy is the one thing everyone wants more of if they are gardening and trying to level pets.

By the way, we will need a new crafting table for something like this. Say something along the lines of a "Bubbling Caldron" over a fire pit.