Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Solo wizard

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Hello everyone! I am looking to develop a wizard with good solo capability and still trying to determine what is a good fit for me. I always play on the lowest population servers since I prefer taking on quests alone, but don't mind teaming up when I come across someone who's working on the same thing I am. So I was wondering, what are good types of solo wizards? My highest is a 19 storm wizard. I have to admit it seems to have lost its luster when I got my storm minion to help me out. I understand its purpose, but when it cast 3 sets of wards and 2 sprites on itself without a single taunt, I kind of got upset while I struggled to survive haha. I like the power of the spells but I am not big on being a glass cannon. Right now I am also trying out a life wizard. The survivability is pretty good I must admit. But not sure if it's the route I want to take. Any ideas on a good school? Also secondary/third schools to go with it would be nice. Thanks for the tips and see you all in-game!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Kotsana wrote:
Hello everyone! I am looking to develop a wizard with good solo capability and still trying to determine what is a good fit for me. I always play on the lowest population servers since I prefer taking on quests alone, but don't mind teaming up when I come across someone who's working on the same thing I am. So I was wondering, what are good types of solo wizards? My highest is a 19 storm wizard. I have to admit it seems to have lost its luster when I got my storm minion to help me out. I understand its purpose, but when it cast 3 sets of wards and 2 sprites on itself without a single taunt, I kind of got upset while I struggled to survive haha. I like the power of the spells but I am not big on being a glass cannon. Right now I am also trying out a life wizard. The survivability is pretty good I must admit. But not sure if it's the route I want to take. Any ideas on a good school? Also secondary/third schools to go with it would be nice. Thanks for the tips and see you all in-game!

Just go your own way, I did. No 2 wizard should have the same way of playing.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Kotsana wrote:
Yea i admit the storm minions is kinda useless, can you at least try to have a person helping you instead of making another character?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I have a wizard of every school and different levels. I would have say for being able to solo my Death wizard is the one I would put my money on. I knew this when I actually soloed Counter East, West and then entered Big Ben figuring no way, well I made it with out having to do one walk back in, unlike my Balance wizard who had to walk back down stairs for wisps once and did one walk back in, just before the top floor fight. The steal life spells work to your advantage, you get decent blades, traps and feint, early on the minions can help, sure you spells are somewhat weak compared to other schools hits but boosted a bit they do the trick. Many times I leave a fight with full health so rarely have to look for wisps. Currently I am in Zafaria and level 70, I like the sun spot in fights, blade and trap up and hit with ScareCrow, kills it all around no matter how many joined, I also seem to critical more then most, I can take the most hits because I just need to cast a spell to get the health back.

I did solo a lot with my first wizard and she is life and was to legendary before I started other wizards. I really learned how to play the game with her and made all my mistakes so I knew the next time around more. Mid Mooshu I learned gear and deck construction are key and I got a pet with Spritely.

In the end any school has the ability to solo most of the game if you learn how to work it to it's maximum ability. As your storm wizard can get more accuracy the fizzle rate will calm a bit and she can solo almost anything also, the trick with storm is to fix your deck so cards you need come up, only put in ones you need to go in fight, kill fast and get out.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
I have ran solo through most of the game and I play every school but Ice.
My suggestion would be to get a Life mastery amulet and go with Balance as the main school.
You can solo just about anything.

Defender
Dec 21, 2010
I have all the wizarding schools except death, but the death spells have always been great back up spells. Death might be a good choice. In my experience, both my life and ice wizards have been my strongest. Hoped that helped.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Kotsana wrote:
Well i HAVE had an idea for a while about a super wizard :D i dont know if i should reveal it though maybe later :D

Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
Ok, so here is what I did. I made a necro/storm mage. It was nice to be able to 1 shot stuff with lightning. but once i hit 16 and got vampire, i never really used my storm spells anymore. So I found a guide on it and so i am death/ice right now with tower shield. one point in life so i can get the sprite in the future. i am going to get spirit blade for a boost. i would of stayed necro/storm but i cant buy crowns so the mastery amulet was out of the question. but aside from a rough time with alicane, its been easy and really fun.

Survivor
Feb 02, 2011
Kotsana wrote:

i suggest life (for the healing), death (drains), or myth(minions) as a solo