Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

help with training points (death) please

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
I have a level 27 death mage and I will start him to pvp 1v1 at level 28.
I have completed Marleybone and Wysteria and got the oysters of
Mooshu. I spent the training points in the usual way with three left over. I do not intend on leveling him beyond level 28 or 29 at most.

So far, Ice to Tower, Balance to weakness, Spirit blade from Niles, and the various free ones from Mort and Mildred and the woman at the fair.

I have three points to spend. I probably will have a forth if I can port into the various places of grizzleheim. I have the crown boots that gives a Satyr card so I don't think I need life. Again, I am not leveling above 28 or 29. I have the crown hat and crown robe. First one gives power play, the most useless of spells. Second one gives heck hound, not useful to my death mage. I have the crown phospherous wand for a gold pip. And I am using the ring and athame from the bazaar that both give plus 6 to pips and help with healing. I use Nightshade amulet (two extra weakness at 30%). My pet gives spell proof, death accuracy and pips.

I am at a battle of choosing fire or not. Three points to fire would give me the glacial shield of which I have no ice shield without it. And it would give me fire elf. If I have four points then the last one could go for reshuffle or stun block?

If I don't go with the fire points, I could train the ice shield from the fair, train stun block, train reshuffle and eventually have one extra point probably for conviction.

The only other two ways to spend them that I can think of would be to use two points more in balance to monsterous sandstorm but it would never have a blade. I have a retired mage with a balance mastery from a waterworks drop, but unless I go with sandstorm, I would not use it. The last way would be life to sprite.

What do you guys think?

Thanks for any input.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
After saying I would not level beyond 28 or 29, I now wonder if 30 is too high? At level 30, I could have the option to go five points into Myth and get Minotaur and perhaps make Death Minotaurs.

The reason I hesitate so much in going too much higher is that at 28 I get animate and nothing better for a long time. And at level 30 I worry that, like it has happened before, I would get high level opponents 12 to 20 levels higher with ranks of knights and ABOVE too often and have no chance at making commander. It's called murder when that happens. I understand losing to a good opponent but not being murdered.

Survivor
Aug 10, 2009
Oh my goodness! I looked up Myth spells. Wow was I wrong. It takes 8 points, not five, to get Minotaur. Forget that option. I will stay at 28 or 29 if I have to get that high to get 4th point from Grizzleheim.