Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

does your pet's level affect hatcing?

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 17, 2011
i was wondering if my pet's level affects the offspring of a hatching. for example, would the new pet that i had just hatched have better stats if it's parents were epic instead of ancient?

thanks for all the help?

Historian
May 01, 2010
laulenak wrote:
i was wondering if my pet's level affects the offspring of a hatching. for example, would the new pet that i had just hatched have better stats if it's parents were epic instead of ancient?

thanks for all the help?

It depends. If you dont know, the way hatching works is it randomly selects 5 talent slots from each parent. Now, if yours is at epic, those 4 stats will be in the new pool, with 1 random one (as in, if you have a sea dragon without spritely, and the other pet cant learn spritely, there is a chance that it will manifest in the baby). Now, if it is adult, those 2 stats will be in the baby's pool, with 3 random ones. Ancient, I am pretty sure it is 3 certain to 2 random (in the pool). So, depending on the stats (as in if it gives all good talents at ancient, and has a chance at selfish in its "blood", then you want to hatch it then, because there is a chance that the selfish wont manifest, and if it gives that selfish at epic, I think that talent will be in the pool of the new pet (weather in menifests on the baby, is up to the game).
Hope I helped.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
Ok say you and your friend each had an epic school pet, same school, with some identical emergent traits. In that case, would you be ending up with a potential "double dose" of one trait?

(asking because me and a friend have been hatching our ice wyverns with each other to just get a "new" ice wyvern).