Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Original level 78 spell ideas

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
These spells are following on with the idea I wrote about in another thread.
If you haven't read it here's the link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248406
If you want to see the cards for each of the spells here's the link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250527

Basically all the schools will funnel into even more groups making even more possibilities to the style of game play. Wizards will keep learning spells from their chosen school, but they'll also get to take on another school with all the benefits of their own school. Power pips for that school, no training points to learn the spells and side quests to get exclusive spells that other schools don't have access to.

I'm going to write ideas for new spells for the sun, moon and star schools and let other people dispute on what the new spells for each original school should be.

Here is some insight to what each school is basically about and the spells:

Sun: Currently focused on enchantments to make spells better or different to bypass weaknesses.
Firstly the spells the npc's use: Solar Blade, Solar Trap, Solar Shield.
As well as a +30% sun blade and -70% moon/star shield.
Medium fizzle rate 80%, medium to high damage rate, some DoT's, AoE's, steal health. Like ice (some DoT's, fizzle rate), death(some DoT's, steal health) and balance (AoE's, damage rate).

The level 78 spell:
Black Hole
890-950 to all enemies, swaps 1/3 to all friends.
Appearance: A huge black hole appears in the field. A light comes out of each enemy and is taken by the black hole. The black hole then sends a light to all friends giving them health.

Moon: Currently focused on polymorphing into creatures with different statistics to bypass weaknesses.
Firstly the spells the npc's use: Moon Blade, Moon Trap and Moon Shield
As well as a +40% moon blade and -70% sun/star shield.
Low fizzle rate 90%, medium damage attacks, no DoT's, stuns or steals, heals and AoE's. Basically solid spells, no funny business. Like balance (solid spells, low fizzle rate, AoE's), life (low fizzle rate, medium damage, heals) and storm (AoE's, solid spells).

The level 78 spell:
Full Moon
950 to all enemies +20% trap to all enemies.
Appearance: A moon covered in clouds appears in the field. The clouds then dissipate to reveal a full moon. You hear howling and a pack of wolves walks out. They then charge at each enemy doing damage. Then a curse appears on all enemies.

Star: Currently focused on the use of auras to bypass weaknesses.

Not currently in game: Star Blade, Star Trap, Star Shield. Possibly Moon, Star and Sun boost and resist.
As well as a +25% star blade and -70% sun/moon shield.
Medium-high fizzle rate 75%, High damage, stuns, steals, shield breaks and DoT's. Fire (DoT's, high damage, fizzle rate), myth (stuns, shield breaks) and ice (steals, stuns) put together.

The level 78 spell:
Binary Stars
420 + 950 star damage over 3 rounds and stun.
Appearance: Two stars appear at each side of the field. They then start to circle around each other. They get faster and faster the closer they get together. They reach each other and explode doing damage to the enemy. They then circle around their head and descend changing into a DoT.

Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
inforit wrote:
The level 78 spell:
Black Hole
Appearance: A huge black hole appears in the field. A light comes out of each enemy and is taken by the black hole. The black hole then sends a light to all friends giving them health.

i like this idea as well as the others, but this one in particular. my main is a death school mage and i really appreciate the ability to heal myself mid battle while still damaging the enemy in the same hit. my wife plays a life mage and has to ration out her mana between damaging and healing. we have conversed about our spell list a few times and have wondered about KI/Wizards makeing a life spell similar to the vampric type death school spells where the life mage is able to heal and damage onthe same shot. another idea i had was that the death mage would be able to put a DOT/HOT spell on the board. DOT the mob and HOT the mage in the same spell, still the 1/2 healing rate, but at least there would be a time line healing spell for the death mage.
comments?

Defender
Jun 06, 2009
inforit wrote:
These spells are following on with the idea I wrote about in another thread.
If you haven't read it here's the link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=248406
If you want to see the cards for each of the spells here's the link:
http://www.wizard101central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=250527

Basically all the schools will funnel into even more groups making even more possibilities to the style of game play. Wizards will keep learning spells from their chosen school, but they'll also get to take on another school with all the benefits of their own school. Power pips for that school, no training points to learn the spells and side quests to get exclusive spells that other schools don't have access to.

I'm going to write ideas for new spells for the sun, moon and star schools and let other people dispute on what the new spells for each original school should be.

Here is some insight to what each school is basically about and the spells:

Sun: Currently focused on enchantments to make spells better or different to bypass weaknesses.
Firstly the spells the npc's use: Solar Blade, Solar Trap, Solar Shield.
As well as a +30% sun blade and -70% moon/star shield.
Medium fizzle rate 80%, medium to high damage rate, some DoT's, AoE's, steal health. Like ice (some DoT's, fizzle rate), death(some DoT's, steal health) and balance (AoE's, damage rate).

The level 78 spell:
Black Hole

Moon: Currently focused on polymorphing into creatures with different statistics to bypass weaknesses.
Firstly the spells the npc's use: Moon Blade, Moon Trap and Moon Shield
As well as a +40% moon blade and -70% sun/star shield.
Low fizzle rate 90%, medium damage attacks, no DoT's, stuns or steals, heals and AoE's. Basically solid spells, no funny business. Like balance (solid spells, low fizzle rate, AoE's), life (low fizzle rate, medium damage, heals) and storm (AoE's, solid spells).

The level 78 spell:
Full Moon
950 to all enemies +20% trap to all enemies.
Appearance: A moon covered in clouds appears in the field. The clouds then dissipate to reveal a full moon. You hear howling and a pack of wolves walks out. They then charge at each enemy doing damage. Then a curse appears on all enemies.

Star: Currently focused on the use of auras to bypass weaknesses.

Not currently in game: Star Blade, Star Trap, Star Shield. Possibly Moon, Star and Sun boost and resist.
As well as a +25% star blade and -70% sun/moon shield.
Medium-high fizzle rate 75%, High damage, stuns, steals, shield breaks and DoT's. Fire (DoT's, high damage, fizzle rate), myth (stuns, shield breaks) and ice (steals, stuns) put together.

The level 78 spell:
Binary Stars
420 + 950 star damage over 3 rounds and stun.
Appearance: Two stars appear at each side of the field. They then start to circle around each other. They get faster and faster the closer they get together. They reach each other and explode doing damage to the enemy. They then circle around their head and descend changing into a DoT.

I LOVE IT
William Deathhead, Transcended Necromancer

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Survivor
Nov 17, 2010
Thanks for the support guys.
Thelodium I'm sure death with eventually get a spell like fire's power link.
I designed each spell and the basics behind each school to bypass the weaknesses in each school as well as looking appealing to wizards that want to keep the same sort of spells. It was hard to try and do it as fairly as possible but I'm happy with the outcomes.
I'd really like one of the professor's opinion on this and maybe some extra suggestions.