Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hoard Packs

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 09, 2009
Ok, not to complain, and I know that stuff like the mounts is supposed to be rare and all, but I think the drop rates are but too low. I mean, sure, you can get a mount on your first pack, or your tenth, or anything above, but when, like me, who've gone over 100 packs (for those who dont know, thats $80) I can't help but feel like I'm almost being cheated out of my money. Asking as a suggestion to update the system, when someone gets to 100 packs or higher, can you please at least give us the mount or a rare item? I also noticed I only got 6 wands out of those 103 packs (I counted) so maybe just at least a rare item? I mean, if you don't wanna give it up that easy at least make the drop rate a little higher every 10-20 packs we buy.

Thanks,
Aaron NightShade, Transcended Thaumaturge

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Axeslicer wrote:
Ok, not to complain, and I know that stuff like the mounts is supposed to be rare and all, but I think the drop rates are but too low. I mean, sure, you can get a mount on your first pack, or your tenth, or anything above, but when, like me, who've gone over 100 packs (for those who dont know, thats $80) I can't help but feel like I'm almost being cheated out of my money. Asking as a suggestion to update the system, when someone gets to 100 packs or higher, can you please at least give us the mount or a rare item? I also noticed I only got 6 wands out of those 103 packs (I counted) so maybe just at least a rare item? I mean, if you don't wanna give it up that easy at least make the drop rate a little higher every 10-20 packs we buy.

Thanks,
Aaron NightShade, Transcended Thaumaturge

they are like normal card packs from your local store
ya may get the rarest card in the very first pack or dont get it for the rest of your life

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Why would you spend that much money for the mount??? If you want a 2 person mount that bad, just buy the super bundle and you get the rhino, thats half the money.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I remember how Greyrose (I believe) mentioned about a year ago that Kingsisle were loathe to add any "luck" to the game that would encourage gambling...

I'd support some kind of "counter", too. Or perhaps just a set of "points" that each pack will give - so that the average pack will give out one rare, three uncommon and three common items... That way, if a pack comes out with five common items, well, then you got an "Uber Rare" item.