Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pet abalities

AuthorMessage
Champion
Nov 22, 2008
OK I have a seen a lot of pes summon a sprite in battle. i have a anceant ninja pig and im wondering why cant mine do it yet? and what are the circumstances to summon a sprite with a pet. no it not a card it seem to be a talent. you know in the pets area or your spell book you see talents and derby labels. i think it a talent. is it? or is it a epic thing? or is it an other thing?

Vladus Darkcaster lvl 60 ice

Historian
May 01, 2010
Yes, its a talent, that you can get by hatching it with another pet (not garunteed to manifest in the outcoming pet) or get it from a pet that naturally manifests it, like the scarecrow, or celestian pets.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Would the jellyfish do that? i got one roaming my home right now so i need to know that and also when dose a celestian pet get it what rank? teen adult anceant or epic?

best Vladus Darkcaster lvl 60 (still :( ) ice

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
rest wrote:
OK I have a seen a lot of pes summon a sprite in battle. i have a anceant ninja pig and im wondering why cant mine do it yet? and what are the circumstances to summon a sprite with a pet. no it not a card it seem to be a talent. you know in the pets area or your spell book you see talents and derby labels. i think it a talent. is it? or is it a epic thing? or is it an other thing?

Vladus Darkcaster lvl 60 ice

In order to maybe get spritely from a pet, it must be one of it's talents to begin with, in looking it up on wiki that does not seem to be one Ninja Pig gets as an original pet, in order to get this you would have to hatch with a pet that does get spritely, hope you get a Ninja Pig and hope it inherits that trait from the hatched pet.

I have had more luck getting spritely from pets that can get it naturally then I have with hatches to get it. People put a lot of time and gold into these hatches to get the pets they want. I like that more pets come with it because I have found at times this is a big help for me in battle especially if you have a pet of the school your wizard is. I use a pet that is helpful for me in battle over being a fashion statement. I do have a few pets I do like so I equip them for small battles and when I am not fighting and equip the help with battle pets for larger fights and boss ones.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
rest wrote:
Would the jellyfish do that? i got one roaming my home right now so i need to know that and also when dose a celestian pet get it what rank? teen adult ancient or epic?

The Jellyfish has the ability to get spritely, at what age is not certain and if ever is possible, I currently have one to Adult and he does not have spritely yet. All pet talents are a gamble - you win some you lose more.

Currently the only pets I can say have for sure got spritely at teen for us are the 3 fierce hounds and 2 snake in the baskets, these were all pets from the bundle gift cards I purchased for our family.

Historian
May 01, 2010
rest wrote:
Would the jellyfish do that? i got one roaming my home right now so i need to know that and also when dose a celestian pet get it what rank? teen adult anceant or epic?

There is a chance, but yes it can manifest spritely.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2009
well this is more of a pet talents, guess thats abilities, I dont like the fact how people get pain giver and combo it with storm giver, or get spell defying, and spell proof I find it unfair I think 5% on a pet is good enough and you shouldnt be able to double it, because ice get 50% resist with that, and I dont think its fair, if they tower they have 100% then i have to rely on blades etc...... and then like a storm can get 40% too witch is annyoing and also 95% power