Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Yardbirds = Limit 1? Huh?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Okay, the new Raven Hoard packs are pretty cool if you like the Grizzlheim/Nordic theme.

However... What's the deal with the Yardbirds?

Let me get this straight - You can only have one yardbird? And if you happen to have one in your inventory when you open a Raven's Hoard pack, and that pack has another yardbird in it, then you effectively LOSE the rare item from that pack that you just paid real money for?

Who thought that this was a good idea? What is so special about yardbirds that they deserve "Limit 1" to start with? Why is stealing my rare item slot from any pack that has a duplicate yardbird in it considered good business?

I'd really like to understand this "feature" of the Raven's Hoard.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I'd really like to understand this "feature" of the Raven's Hoard.

OK good queastion i think they may be trying to say if you want this sell it for none is it sellable i mean the yardbird i dont have one so untill i get the info i cant help. sorry

Vladus Darkcaster lvl 60 ice.

PS i may be of other help as of i am an effective programer sort of.

Survivor
Mar 23, 2010
I agree that the yardbird in the Raven's Horde pack was a stupid idea. The yardbird item is supposed to be a trophy for having found all the Yardbirds in Grizzleheim. Why hand out a trophy for something is the recipient hasn't done that?

And as to the supposed Grizzleheim/Nordic theme ofthe pack? Yeah right. Explain to me why I got SEVERAL Krok and Mooshu items (all bird themed) from the pack. To me it seems the developers of the pack said "Oh look it says "bird" let's include it." Several of the items I'm happy I got, and I'm always hoping for one of the rare mounts, but overall This pack kinda sucks.

Squire
Jan 21, 2010
kind of a pity... It is the closest thing we have to flamingo figurines. It is always fun to see a flock of flamingo statues in someone's yard.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
although the Raven's Hoard pack appears on the surface to be about GH and such...
if you think about the name Raven
you then understand anything Avian
may be in any pack.

about the only 1 rare and you loose any others i think this should be reported ad a glitch they need to fix... as it amounts to a kind of theft of rl $$
if it is taken away from you.

[this comes from the outside world of retail.
not a nice world to live in
]

Administrator
We regret the oversight of the Limit 1 items in the Raven Hoard packs and will be removing the Limit 1 restriction from items in the pack before the end of next week.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jul 27, 2009
Defender
Aug 20, 2008
Thank you. Will you be able to track the people who were denied items due to the limit 1 flag and either give them a refund or replace the lost item?