Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What spells are boosted against each type?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
OK..I have been paying attention in this game so I know pretty much all of what spells are boosted against what type. HOWEVER there seems to be several monster types that have 2 or even 3 weaknesses. For instance, I have found that balance monsters are weak to myth, life AND death spells. fire is boosted against ice, etc etc. Is there a list somewhere that has ALL of these weaknesses/boosts listed? I would love to have one if so. In fact I still havent figured out what myth and storm monsters are weak to. Perhaps they are weak to each other? Anyway I would love to have some info on this please. :-)

Explorer
Mar 15, 2009
gtippett wrote:
OK..I have been paying attention in this game so I know pretty much all of what spells are boosted against what type. HOWEVER there seems to be several monster types that have 2 or even 3 weaknesses. For instance, I have found that balance monsters are weak to myth, life AND death spells. fire is boosted against ice, etc etc. Is there a list somewhere that has ALL of these weaknesses/boosts listed? I would love to have one if so. In fact I still havent figured out what myth and storm monsters are weak to. Perhaps they are weak to each other? Anyway I would love to have some info on this please. :-)
Well heres a list for u. BOOSTS LIST storm is weak to myth. myth is weak to storm. life is weak to death. death is weak to life. fire is weak to ice. ice is weak to fire. and ur right about balance.

Squire
Dec 02, 2008
Most of the weaknesses come in pairs. The main pairs are:

Fire-Ice
Storm-Myth
Life-Death

Most of the time, a rank n mob has 10(n-1)% resistance against damage of its own school and takes a 10(n-1)% damage boost against damage from its paired school. Bosses generally have an extra 20% damage resistance against their own school, but that's capped at 80%.

The exception is that balance monsters have the normal resistance against balance damage, but an extra 10(n-1)/3% damage boost against each of myth, life, and death. There are three damage boosts against balance, but each are only 1/3 as large as the normal damage boost.

Survivor
Mar 10, 2009
Thanks for the replies guys...very informative...especially the part about balance only being 1/3 weak against life death and myth. Now i know why i couldnt take down a gearhead with 400 life points left in one shot with a cyclops and myth trap lol :?The other ones i pretty much figured out already but the balance thing threw me for a loop a little lol

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
Sometimes when I'm playing I will see people posting in the text chat use X type magic against Y mob. Is this an add-on, or is that feature just in the drop-down menu chat or something and I missed it somehow?

I'm a newbie to this game (just joined this week!) so I'm still trying to figure it out.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Is it possible for an administrator or moderator to "sticky" this post? It has some valuable information that new players and veterans might enjoy.

Survivor
Jan 13, 2009
gtippett wrote:
you are right they are weak to each other and i know every type and their weakness so if you have a question please ask me :)