Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Golden Pearls

AuthorMessage
Champion
May 03, 2011
I used to get a fair number of golden pearls farming the Portico--about one every 10 drops or so. Now I find that even the basic pearls are not always there--often there is only one pearl in the dungeon, when there used to be two, and these drop only one each. But more to the point, I haven't gotten one golden pearl there in about 30 runs through. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I'm finding that the only sure way to get golden pearls anymore--other than collecting tons of basic pearls and transmuting them--is from gardening.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
tabby714 wrote:
I used to get a fair number of golden pearls farming the Portico--about one every 10 drops or so. Now I find that even the basic pearls are not always there--often there is only one pearl in the dungeon, when there used to be two, and these drop only one each. But more to the point, I haven't gotten one golden pearl there in about 30 runs through. Wondering if anyone else has noticed this? I'm finding that the only sure way to get golden pearls anymore--other than collecting tons of basic pearls and transmuting them--is from gardening.
there is always 2 pearls per dungeon hidden in 4 different spots. i wont tell where. and rare reagents drops i think have been decreased.

Explorer
Aug 21, 2009
Well I have actually found 3 pearls in the dungeon in one run. But there is another place way easier to get the pearls where you can get at least 5 per realm.

Champion
May 03, 2011
there is always 2 pearls per dungeon hidden in 4 different spots. i wont tell where. and rare reagents drops i think have been decreased.

Considering the fact that the dungeon resets every time, "telling where" will not lose you any pearls. Each person who enters gets a new dungeon, so I will share the info with anyone who wants to know: usually there is one behind the first rubble pile on the left as you go past the mobs, then there is often one in the first battle area, down the ramp--you can find kelp there, too. Sometimes this pearl is near the dividing columns in the battle room, on the far side, but sometimes it's just there in the sandy area as you come down the ramp. There are never pearls in the second ramp-down area, just the Lizard. The third area sometimes has a pearl, either near the moon trainer or in the battle room. You are correct that there are usually 2--but these days there is occasionally only one. And no more goldens at all. :(

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
tabby714 wrote:

Considering the fact that the dungeon resets every time, "telling where" will not lose you any pearls. Each person who enters gets a new dungeon, so I will share the info with anyone who wants to know: usually there is one behind the first rubble pile on the left as you go past the mobs, then there is often one in the first battle area, down the ramp--you can find kelp there, too. Sometimes this pearl is near the dividing columns in the battle room, on the far side, but sometimes it's just there in the sandy area as you come down the ramp. There are never pearls in the second ramp-down area, just the Lizard. The third area sometimes has a pearl, either near the moon trainer or in the battle room. You are correct that there are usually 2--but these days there is occasionally only one. And no more goldens at all. :(
change realms each time it always resets.