Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Does anybody want some pets...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 18, 2011
Does anybody want some pets in the crown shop to be purchased with gold too?

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
That would be good, but considering how much they cost with crowns, imagine how much they would cost with gold

Defender
May 17, 2011
moogirl45 wrote:
That would be good, but considering how much they cost with crowns, imagine how much they would cost with gold

no kidding

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
moogirl45 wrote:

Once you get to Celestia, you start to get gold. Fast.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2011
I would'nt because I would'nt think it would be fair if a non paid memberships farm little lvl2 guys (as in kill them over and over) and get a pet to show off and think their cool...I'm sorry but if you want it pay for crowns :P 8)

Defender
Feb 28, 2011
I think it's bad enough we cant gift someone something from the crown shop by using gold, way not fair, but I also think that everything in the crown shop should have a gold purchase option also and I mean EVERYTHING. I dont think its fair that some pets, mounts, gear or whatever are crowns only purchases.

And the non gold gifting option can be a big hazzard or scam for some, I heard a kid in the pet pavilion say he'd gift someone any pet they wanted (using his gold) if they gave him a mega snack pack. Well whomever fell for this just got suckered because I immediately went and checked and saw that there is no gifting with gold allowed, and this should be fixed.

I enjoy gifting people who really help me and deserve a reward (I gifted a good friend a boon tree just for fun because she had no crowns to try the boon tree and when she got the gift she almost fell outta her chair with suprise which made me more happy), but right now I dont have enough crowns to even stich a piece of gear.

And yea I also think some of the crown purchase price to gold purchase price is not a fair difference, but I also think some of the pets and mounts are priced entirely too high crown wise anyhow. Seems like KI is getting greedy and idk why, there are sooo many of us playing this, they need to reward us better not start getting greedy.

Survivor
Jun 05, 2011
I think it's fine if they cost crowns because almost all pets in the crown shop can be dropped by bosses I got a green cat that is crowns only that was dropped by a boss and I know that there are gouls, Sea Dragons, Jellyfish, Wildclaws, Cat thugs, Spiders, and Oni's that can be dropped by bosses and if you get nothing from farming, you can always breed your pets!

Rebecca Smith, lvl 43 Life

Explorer
Mar 01, 2009
That sounds like a good idea, also I would like things to go back to where we could sell our unwanted pets and others could buy them. Maybe a Wizard City Pet Shelter or something along those lines. 8)

Explorer
Mar 18, 2009
Aztek350 wrote:
That sounds like a good idea, also I would like things to go back to where we could sell our unwanted pets and others could buy them. Maybe a Wizard City Pet Shelter or something along those lines. 8)

I love the pet shelter thought! I'm kind of running one of my own... 58 pets. Split up in 2 houses... They are all of the drops, extras from card packs, hatchlings, etc. from all of my characters. I've sold or deleted a few, but not many.. I am an animal lover after all. lol...

The original post....

Yes, I would like it if everything in the crowns shop was available for gold, but that's just not going to happen. Why would people buy crowns then? KI would lose alot of money. IF it did happen, yes gold prices would be REALLY high, but not impossible. I've played this game for a long time and have earned millions in gold. There have been times that I dropped 60, 70, 80 thousand gold at a time on snacks or housing.. just so I wouldn't max out on gold.

Again, love the idea. I just dont think it's going to happen.