Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bundle cards - Transfer Housing Option Needed

AuthorMessage
Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Dear KI,
Please reconsider your stand on no trade housing and offer players a chance move houses, most especially the bundle housing, from one wizard to another within the same account. I would not expect this to be easy, nor even cost free, but the ability needs to be there to deal with special circumstances. There are times when someone chooses to delete a wizard for reasons that are not frivolous and they should not be penalized to the tune of $39.00 plus tax for losing the Gamestop housing bundle cards in the process.

With houses that we buy through the crown shop or craft, they all have the ability to be purchased using gold, not crowns. So we aren’t spending real money for them, unless we are impatient. So if we decide to delete a wizard, no big deal, empty the house, move everything to the shared bank or another wizard, sell the house, and delete the wizard. Start a new wizard and work your way up and buy your new house all over again. Not so with the bundle housing. With the bundle housing, you can move everything to the shared bank, all the crowns gear, pets, or mounts that you paid real money for, they are safe. But the house itself, with all that gorgeous artistry, and attention to detail, that is lost, gone for good if you delete the wizard? This doesn’t make sense to me.

I generally only buy things in the game that will be there for me for the life of the game, with the limited exception of things such as the Giving Tree that were for charity. However, I’ve bought a total of 9 housing bundle cards, one of each for myself and each of my two children. That’s $351.00 plus roughly $25 in tax for those. I’ve thought carefully about which wizard gets the cards on my account, making sure I’m happy with the wizard. My daughter has as well. She is prone to deleting wizards as she learns new things, but she has been careful with those that she chooses to put the housing on. My son however has decided to no longer play Wizards. I’ve given him several months to change his mind, and be sure, but he simply has too many other things to keep him occupied that he loves more than playing Wizards. Between us we have a total of 4 accounts, one for each of us, and one we shared. With my son’s decision to quit Wizards, it was decided that my daughter would take over my son’s account, since I had more high level wizards on the shared account than she did, thus giving us both 2 full accounts. But she doesn’t want to play as a boy wizard. The whole idea is totally repugnant to her. Yet she would be penalized for something she did not do by deleting the one boy wizard with all the housing on it? Something just not fair in that.

So what are my options?
1. Well I can spend an additional $120 dollars for a year’s membership on the two accounts just so I could move the boy wizard to what would be my second account (both accounts have been pay by area prior to this). That assumes that I wait until the membership sale for $60.00 per year.

2. She can delete the wizard and throw out $78 dollars worth of housing (one card has not yet been logged in). Sure she gets the gear, pets and mounts, but no beautiful housing.

3. I can take over my son’s account and play his boy wizard, while my daughter took over the shared account. This would most likely entail additional cost to buy back poorly used training points. This option would also mean that I would lose access to all the Evil Magma Peas that I have on that account and I would have to buy many more to get back to where I am now with my wizards (not to mention all the pet hatching and training to start over and deleting 2 legendary wizards and one nearly grandmaster wizard).

4. My daughter can play 5 wizards on my son’s account and I can play his one boy wizard. She would also then play 1 wizard on the shared account, while I played 5 others on it, thus essentially creating 2 shared accounts. This is cumbersome making it difficult to effectively use the shared banks. It is also problematic in that I would have to adjust regularly the account settings to turn off and on the open +18 chat for me vs. text chat for her.

None of these are particularly good options. And all cost me something in the process, either a significant amount of actual money or a LOT of time and inconvenience. Therefore I implore you KI, please provide us with an option to move the bundle housing between wizards. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee to do this. Having a cost associated with the service would prevent frivolous requests to move housing and could be a money maker for KI, just like buying back training points.

My daughter and I truly enjoy these wonderful houses, but after this, I will have to think long and hard about whether I buy any more of them in the future.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Aritako wrote:
Dear KI,
Please reconsider your stand on no trade housing and offer players a chance move houses, most especially the bundle housing, from one wizard to another within the same account. I would not expect this to be easy, nor even cost free, but the ability needs to be there to deal with special circumstances. There are times when someone chooses to delete a wizard for reasons that are not frivolous and they should not be penalized to the tune of $39.00 plus tax for losing the Gamestop housing bundle cards in the process.

With houses that we buy through the crown shop or craft, they all have the ability to be purchased using gold, not crowns. So we aren’t spending real money for them, unless we are impatient. So if we decide to delete a wizard, no big deal, empty the house, move everything to the shared bank or another wizard, sell the house, and delete the wizard. Start a new wizard and work your way up and buy your new house all over again. Not so with the bundle housing. With the bundle housing, you can move everything to the shared bank, all the crowns gear, pets, or mounts that you paid real money for, they are safe. But the house itself, with all that gorgeous artistry, and attention to detail, that is lost, gone for good if you delete the wizard? This doesn’t make sense to me.

I generally only buy things in the game that will be there for me for the life of the game, with the limited exception of things such as the Giving Tree that were for charity. However, I’ve bought a total of 9 housing bundle cards, one of each for myself and each of my two children. That’s $351.00 plus roughly $25 in tax for those. I’ve thought carefully about which wizard gets the cards on my account, making sure I’m happy with the wizard. My daughter has as well. She is prone to deleting wizards as she learns new things, but she has been careful with those that she chooses to put the housing on. My son however has decided to no longer play Wizards. I’ve given him several months to change his mind, and be sure, but he simply has too many other things to keep him occupied that he loves more than playing Wizards. Between us we have a total of 4 accounts, one for each of us, and one we shared. With my son’s decision to quit Wizards, it was decided that my daughter would take over my son’s account, since I had more high level wizards on the shared account than she did, thus giving us both 2 full accounts. But she doesn’t want to play as a boy wizard. The whole idea is totally repugnant to her. Yet she would be penalized for something she did not do by deleting the one boy wizard with all the housing on it? Something just not fair in that.

So what are my options?
1. Well I can spend an additional $120 dollars for a year’s membership on the two accounts just so I could move the boy wizard to what would be my second account (both accounts have been pay by area prior to this). That assumes that I wait until the membership sale for $60.00 per year.

2. She can delete the wizard and throw out $78 dollars worth of housing (one card has not yet been logged in). Sure she gets the gear, pets and mounts, but no beautiful housing.

3. I can take over my son’s account and play his boy wizard, while my daughter took over the shared account. This would most likely entail additional cost to buy back poorly used training points. This option would also mean that I would lose access to all the Evil Magma Peas that I have on that account and I would have to buy many more to get back to where I am now with my wizards (not to mention all the pet hatching and training to start over and deleting 2 legendary wizards and one nearly grandmaster wizard).

4. My daughter can play 5 wizards on my son’s account and I can play his one boy wizard. She would also then play 1 wizard on the shared account, while I played 5 others on it, thus essentially creating 2 shared accounts. This is cumbersome making it difficult to effectively use the shared banks. It is also problematic in that I would have to adjust regularly the account settings to turn off and on the open +18 chat for me vs. text chat for her.

None of these are particularly good options. And all cost me something in the process, either a significant amount of actual money or a LOT of time and inconvenience. Therefore I implore you KI, please provide us with an option to move the bundle housing between wizards. I would be willing to pay a reasonable fee to do this. Having a cost associated with the service would prevent frivolous requests to move housing and could be a money maker for KI, just like buying back training points.

My daughter and I truly enjoy these wonderful houses, but after this, I will have to think long and hard about whether I buy any more of them in the future.

Oh my. I so agree with all that you have said. Thank you.

I too am hesitant about buying any of the bundle cards now. First of all I had a terrible time trying to even find a store that carried the one I was looking for. I finally gave up.

And I also have the castles/houses that came with the bundle cards. I did not realize when I bought them that they are "no sell, no trade, no auction", and I just found out "no trash". So I am stuck with these houses forever.

And please, do not reply and tell me to make sure they are empty, and to go to a regular shop vendor to sell them. That does not work on the houses that are "no sell, no trade, and no auction".

Thanks again for posting this info.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Good point but there is a way to get your deleted character back by sending a message to ki support.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I completely agree, I mean, KI insists on crowns vs time, so, if for any reason you have to delete a character to restart, what is a person to do? You don't want to waste all that money you spent to get this house, it is not gold, but actual cash! Sorry KI, but something needs to be done to fix this issue!

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
Aritako wrote:
Dear KI,

So what are my options?

Agreed.

Survivor
May 01, 2010
My children and I love playing this game and find this to be the one and only fault with it. Please fix this issue and allow us to move our $$$ purchased houses between wizards.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I've gotten an update from KI support and they indicate that this in not an available option because of account security. I'm a bit puzzled by that, since we access the housing from our backpack and most things in the backpack can be moved to banks or shared banks. I believe that the creative minds of KI can come up with a way to make this happen. Our housing is not as distinctive and identifying as our character names. Please KI don't close the door on this idea!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Aritako wrote:
I've gotten an update from KI support and they indicate that this in not an available option because of account security. I'm a bit puzzled by that, since we access the housing from our backpack and most things in the backpack can be moved to banks or shared banks. I believe that the creative minds of KI can come up with a way to make this happen. Our housing is not as distinctive and identifying as our character names. Please KI don't close the door on this idea!

Was your request to move a Bundle house to another account? Because that sounds like the response to a question like that. However, moving within the same account seems to be different circumstances. But, when KI states decisions are final, it is usually because of information when we as players are not privy to. There might actually be a security issue with moving between characters on the same account (but I'm at loss for speculation).

P.S. Wizard101 names are not as distinctive as you think. There are more than one Taylor Swift's running around the Spiral.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
I totaly agree i may be only a kid but i sooo want this so if this hapends ill have my dad keep membership for me if not ill stop playing and my membership will be discontinued. im warning ki this may happen to you at least non-bought housing can go in the sared bank not bought by crowns anyway i almost never buy things and have had my ice wizard going for a while i never thought about this problem i thing we need the opiton so ki you have been warned. 8) less income to you may happen what sicurity issue is there? anyawy this is a annyoing thing i mean i bought a number of houses on my storm wizard and my have to delete him. anyway tell me what the sicurity issue is pls and ill keep going as i program with my dad i my understand more than others about this

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
kingurz wrote:
Aritako wrote:

Was your request to move a Bundle house to another account? Because that sounds like the response to a question like that. However, moving within the same account seems to be different circumstances. But, when KI states decisions are final, it is usually because of information when we as players are not privy to. There might actually be a security issue with moving between characters on the same account (but I'm at loss for speculation).

P.S. Wizard101 names are not as distinctive as you think. There are more than one Taylor Swift's running around the Spiral.

No my request was to move the bundle house within the same account. KI's first response was the typical "I didn't really read your request well" type of response where they said they could not move bundle housing between accounts. I clarified it for them and then got the following response:

Again, we cannot accommodate your request. Simply put, such a transfer cannot be done due to security reasons. Houses and Castles are meant to be character-specific and, as such, cannot be transferred. As stated in our previous message, if you can provide us with a link to the passage you saw, we'll be glad to review it. But in the meantime, we will not transfer the houses in question.
Regards,
KingsIsle Support

The passage they are referring to is a post a saw some months back where someone else requested bundle housing transfers and Professor Greyrose replied and indicated it could be done. I can't find the passage now, and KI says there was never such a post. But that post was what gave me the idea in the first place. So if anyone out there happens to find that post, please post a link.

And you are correct, I'm sure there is something here that we have no knowledge of. I just think that if KI puts their mind to it due to interest from the community, they can make it happen. You are also correct that there are hundreds of Taylor Swifts and Luke Skywalkers out there. But to my knowledge you can't have a wizard of the same name and school on the same account, therein lies the distinctive nature of our wizard names and the basis for our character identity and security. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong on that count. Our housing does not define our wizard character. So there has to be some other security issue involved.

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
Here is my guess as to the problem( my ice teacher pls correct me ifim worng) it is that while items are in the shared bank they are stored on the srever but a castle exitst in you backpack only or not at all if it could be transfered it would be hackable and thus you could get a house from wizard city and transform it in the shared bank to a house from the crowns shop(life, ice, wiz watchtower ect). so all items are more vunerable in the shated bank or any bank for that matter i dont think they want you to transform you money in to some thing for much more i know of no glitch that would do this for you. so if its in the shared bank it is closer to cyberspace than in the regular bank or simply you backpack. the bacpack is nearly unhackable. and i have another thory if you want to hear it il post it in an other comment just tell me when.

Vladus Darkcaster lvl 60 ice

Champion
Nov 22, 2008
rest wrote:
i my understand more than others about this

It is true when my last post was on or next idk anyway when my post that starts with "heres my guess" is/was put on i meant what i typed. i realy think ki is trying to protect thier money. in fact i took the concept of the shared bank and the regular bank and made it my way. and then i made a grid treacker thing. so i placed a skeleton (most of what i say isnt in wizards sorry you wont see what i type) in each one. i tracked how close to cyberspace they got and proved my theory correct. it took an our to make all of it but c++ comands are simple so essentialy i hacked my own program. Vladus Darkcaster lvl 60 ice

Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
I also agree!! These bundle houses need some way to be preserved if a wizard needs to be deleted. I carry an account for my daughter and myself and we both have numerous bundle houses. I get so frustrated when she wantes to delete a wizard who has 2 or 3 bundle houses and a couple of school specific houses as well. Unfortunately, money doesn't grow on trees and at $39.00 per pop, losing these "bought with real money" houses gets really expensive quicky. Perhaps keeping these houses nontradable within a single account isn't as much of a security issue as it is a financial issue. Unless there is a resolution to this problem, I'm going to have to stop purchasing these premium cards for myself and my daughter. It's a shame really.