Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Luska Drop Rate Has Been Changed

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
I am aware that Luska Charmbeak was farmed a lot and was taken advantage of after the update. But is that why it the drops were changed? I did the Waterworks pretty close after the update and Luska always dropped mega snacks. But now the only really good thing I would get is my hat. :( So could someone tell my why Luska's drop rate was changed. ( I do know he drops mega snacks because it still says on central, I have been in there for over 20 runs for gear and have gotten nothing.)

Historian
May 01, 2010
This is the exploit people were well...exploiting (or at least one of them). If you didnt hit the switch, and everyone left the dungeon after defeating luska, he would be there after they ported to the commons and went back in. They nerfed luska's drops as I think a temporary measure until they can fix it (whats the point of farming him that way if you dont get good drops eh?)

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
As for the changes I am unsure. But I have heard that luska drops stuff like mastery amulets and mega snack packs. But now having beaten him a couple times, all I have gotten is my hat ( I mean don't get me wrong that's pretty awesome). But I went in there thinking I could get some pretty awesome stuff but all he dropped was a bunch of stuff I could sell and my hat. So I don't know if something has changed or I have false information.

Courtney Greenthistle level 68 legendary thaumaturge

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
slammer111 wrote:
This is the exploit people were well...exploiting (or at least one of them). If you didnt hit the switch, and everyone left the dungeon after defeating luska, he would be there after they ported to the commons and went back in. They nerfed luska's drops as I think a temporary measure until they can fix it (whats the point of farming him that way if you dont get good drops eh?)
they increased the hat drop rate instead.