Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Walking through tunnels

AuthorMessage
Explorer
May 30, 2009
Lately I having issues with walking through any door. Like going to Ravenwood for example. I walk (or ride since I have a mount) into the tunnel and the screen does nothing, and everyone disappears in the commons.
Then a dialog box comes up and says something like, "ERROR...the area has been closed." or something like that. Is this a bug or something else? Also, anyone else having the same problem?

Delver
Mar 13, 2011
Gee thanks for saying that i think my thread wont come up about something like that. I have been trapped and others are experiencing this around me KI i dont care if there will be a maintence or something i just wnat this fixed :( ( when there was my first one i was freaking out and had a heart attack that there was no wizard101 )

Historian
May 01, 2010
wizard7867 wrote:
Lately I having issues with walking through any door. Like going to Ravenwood for example. I walk (or ride since I have a mount) into the tunnel and the screen does nothing, and everyone disappears in the commons.
Then a dialog box comes up and says something like, "ERROR...the area has been closed." or something like that. Is this a bug or something else? Also, anyone else having the same problem?

Here is a post by Greyrose if you havent seen it yet... https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/45313.ftl

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
wizard7867 wrote:

There are a lot of people, including me, having the same problem. It was happening all day yesterday too. It is showing up on the fansite at Wizard101Central.com too.

I have sent an e-mail along with a DxDiag report and a Client Log file. Waiting to hear from KI on this.

But you are not alone.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
wizard7867 wrote:

Lots of people are having this issue.
I get it occasionally. I think if we keep reporting it to support they'll kind of have to address it rather than telling us to switch realms...which, by the way, does not help at all.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
I have this problem a lot, have been for months. My game freezes up although I can move around in the window I'm currently in, but I'm not really there doing anything. If I close the window and log back into the game, I find I'm where I was trying to go. This happens when I go through doorways, use sigils to get into dungeons, enter into pet training, or use the home or "commons" port buttons on the compass. The timer on the compass will count down down, but I never show the screen I'm going to so that I can interact with folks or npc's on the next screen. I've requested more than once that a refresh button be added since the program seems to lock up and not realize that we are waiting for a response from it.

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
wizard7867 wrote:

It is Aparent that Wizard101 is having issues at the moment my guess is they that don't have enough data in yet to solve it so please send them a email to support and follow thier instructions