Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bloom Active and other stuff

AuthorMessage
A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
I really want to know what bloom active and what smoothing to the crowns shop and such does, if anyone knows, can you please give me some answers on what these things do? And also, I turned the particles to the lowest amount. I want to know, is it the lower the faster, or the higher the faster.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
I really want to know what bloom active and what smoothing to the crowns shop and such does, if anyone knows, can you please give me some answers on what these things do? And also, I turned the particles to the lowest amount. I want to know, is it the lower the faster, or the higher the faster.
smoothing improves the quality of the crown shop by using more pixels. ( just an assumption ) no clue what bloom does.

Survivor
Aug 21, 2009
Bloom was designed to address the differences between player's computer monitors and how those monitors generate blacks, whites and colors. Some monitors just don't give the "umph" needed to make things look as good as KI intended. Turning BLOOM ON makes colors bloom more than normal. KI has stated it is intended to "make things more magical."

Turning PARTICLES ON simply increases the special energy effects on certain items that you hold, fly with, cast with, etc. In both cases, turning bloom/particles ON makes your computer work harder and slower, and conversely turning bloom/particles OFF makes your computer work less and faster.