Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ice's resist and how it affects pvp

AuthorMessage
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Lion359 wrote:
Heelyman,

Let me say this, Ice may have high health and resist, but what about Life, it can heal almost 2000 on a Satry. Try killing a life that has decided that shields and healing are the key to outlasting you.

Plus Ice has to blade to do any damage, weakness and earthquake can stop that. High health, means very little with the constant criticals now in pvp.

Ice, ha ha, what about Fire, a double blades Heckhound that goes critical can do over (yes over) 2000 a round for three rounds. That is on a Wizard with 42 percent resist. How many Ice can outlive that attack?
My Balance has been crushed twice in four matches with Critical Heckhoulds, and he has 3650 hp.

Sorry, but all these comments over Ice leaves me wondering, why.

Joe.

Yeah, but then again, with the new Crafted gear in Avalon, Ice has even more resistance to both Fire and Storm, as if the crafted gear in Zafaria wasn't bad enough, now they get more?

So, Fire can Heckhound all it likes with the blades it wants with as many pips as it can, but, with 85% resistance to fire, they better have converts up, or it's not going to do much damage.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Darthjt,

They could go that way, but then they will lose to almost every other school out there. I see most Ice at 60 resist to Fire and Storm, and around 48 to 50 for all other schools. If if if they keep reasonable levels on Pips, accuracy, crit and crit block, etc.

Btw, I tried bring up my resist above 60, and it leave too many gaps in being able to attack and defend, with Death, Life, Myth and Balance, imo.

On fire, for a fully loaded crit heckhound, that leaves fire with a hit of about 3600. Now if an Ice does use 85% resist, Fire just needs to put up Infallible 20%, and put the TC accuracy/perice 15%, onto heckhound.
Ice is back down to 50%, and an easy kill with Fires extremely high criticals.

I strongly feel that Fire is the number 1 rated PvP 1v1 school, and would only lose if they went second. Even then, with Efreet, Power Link, Volcano, etc, if played well (if the correct cards are played where it doesn't matter if you are first or second), they can still win. I find that only Fire and Death have an easier time in the second position (and can play this way).

I see Fire as a dominate Wizard, and if a skilled player is playing, they are almost unbeatable. Same with Myth, but I feel they are second to Fire, for several reasons.

Having said this, I think things are really going to change after the next world (Avalon) is released. The current idea of how strong each wizard is in 1v1 may well be changed.

I really like what I see for Ice so far, so this original posting may have ground to stand on after Avalon.

Joe.

Survivor
May 16, 2009
Well you say not realistic but lets think a little not to offend anyone but this is a wizard game where we fight plenty of things, beings, and monsters not to mention we have powers and animals that aren't real? so judging the game for being unrealistic is a little out of hand when that's all this game is about. I'm not trying to offend anyone just trying to let you think about your choice of words and a better use of them being placed in a sentence.
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
joujou11cool wrote:
doudjy wrote:
First, let me begin this post by saying that this is in no way something personal. I actually decided to write this post right after I defeated an ice overlord with the following stats.
4,297 health
30% ice boost
59% resist to Fire and Storm ( I have seen higher)
38% global resist
7% ice accuracy
150% critical (forget about high critical being for storm and fire)
157% critical block to all schools
71% power pips
21% in healing and 35% out healing

This is by all accounts, a TANK. It takes an extremely tactical wizard to defeat her (it was a girl). Your chances to defeat her are considerably reduced if she goes first. Here's what I have been noticing in the arena, especially when fighting ice. They have become extremely offensive. They usually buff up until they're ready to land an extremely powerful attack.
why? Because they're health and their resist allow them to sustain high damage until they're ready to kill you.

When I first started playing the game, the notion of pvp (or power among the schools) was that ice's huge health makes up for their weak spells. If you have been pvp lately, you know the term "weak" can longer be associated with ice. Their spells have become extremely powerful.

One can argue that KI has added infallible into the game to deal with ice's newly huge resist. However, ice can also use the spell to cut though everyone else's resist. Therefore, infallible now makes up for their low power boost. So, not only can they still sustain huge damage (especially to storm and fire) because of their massive health and massive resist (again, especially to storm and fire), they can also hit almost as hard as the big hitter schools, which makes them overpowered to the other elemental schools.

Below are the stats of another ice I defeated in the arena:
4,454 health
32% ice boost and 7% universal boost
75% fire and storm resist, and 47% universal resist
5% ice accuracy
150% ice critical
99% universal critical block and 153% critical block to ice
61% power pips
28% in healing

This ^^ is also a TANK. I really don't see why KI would allow a school with already huge health to have 75% resist to a particular school. Even with a treasure infallible you would only cut that by 20%, leaving 55% resist to deal with. While an ice using a treasure infallible would cut the average resist (assuming it's 40%) by 20%, leaving only 20% to deal with. You can see the difference.

I really don't mind the huge resist (although it IS exaggerated, I mean 75% come on!), nor do I mind the huge health. However, if ice is capable of doing such damage with while still having huge health and defenses, then it becomes a problem.

If you look at the new crafted gear from zafaria, ice has the least to give up in order to use it. Meanwhile, fire and storm would have to make greater sacrifices.
Note: The only reason I kept using fire and storm (as counterpoint) is only because the new crafted gear directly affect them (in terms of resist), not so much the other schools.

I said at the beginning of this post that this wasn't a personal issue, because I have no problems fighting an ice, especially if i go first ( I have yet to lose against an ice going first. After I became warlord that is). So why am I posting this? Because pvp isn't only about me. I am not your average pvper. Therefore, I complain less, because I don't have as much problem dealing with the different flaws of pvp than other pvper might have.
Pvp needs to be fixed for the average pvpers (which are greater in number), not so much for the warlords who have less problems dealing with the flaws.

I urge KI to seriously take a second look at ice. I know that they got "nerfed" when waterworks came out. But, if this was KI's way of saying sorry to ice, then you (KI) have slightly gone overboard.

That's what you refer to as powerful? Yes, the hgy have high critical, but critical almost never gets through in PvP. Other schools get resist, I'm looking for a pet that has Spell Proof and Spell Defy. Because I'm not going to stay with lower resist then Ice.

Ice has sacrificed a lot, and also, their damage is insanely low. Critical or not. Ice has trouble defeating the elemental schools just as hard as the elemental schools are to Ice. The spirits don't have to worry as much. The elements actually have spells to cover up for weaknesses, the spirits don't. And also, Fire can just come back with an Efreet. Storm can come back with a Leviathan. -90% is good and removing Ice's blades is also good.

I have no problems defeating Ice, I'm a Balance wizard and I use elemental spells more then anything. So, I don't think that Fire and Storm should be having much trouble if an elemental spell user isn't.

I don't understand why you would quote if obviously you did read my post entirely, or at least understand what it's all about. I had already mentioned that Ice's new gear does NOT affect the spirit schools. Therefore, you telling me that you have no problem defeating ice with your balance is as irrelevant as irrelevance can get.

Furthermore, with capability of obtaining that much resist to the other two elemental schools, while maintaining their huge health, I really dont see how the schools are balanced.

I'm not sure, but if anyone has 75% resist to Fire and Storm without these talents:
Spell Proof
Spell Defy
Fire Proof
Storm Proof
please correct me, because I think that gaining that much resist on Fire and Storm is impossible without Fire Proof and Storm Proof, or the Heartsteel athame. So hardly any Ice wizard has 60-70% resist on Fire and Storm.

Also, it's Warlord not Overlord. But that could be the next rank for PvP.

I quote for more accuracy for the other posters to who I'm posting to, and Fire and Storm could use a prism. Wizard101 gives each school except Balance this spell, so why not use it? Use it quickly though. Ice isn't a hard hitter, and doesn't let attacks go on by very easily. Ice has the capibility to force their opponents into using their second school and a prism, which imo I think is just cool.

I also know that you're posting this for the sake of other people, and I'm starting to think that Ice shouldn't block Fire OR Storm very high. KI isn't getting realistic here:
Fire melts Ice
Lightning is conducted to the Ice because ice is made out of water

So, I don't know why Ice blocks Fire and Storm. I think that Ice should get resist on Death and Life instead because:
They can both heal very well
Ice can't die or live
and it makes a lot more sense.