Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Changes to be Made: PvP, Chat, Quests,& More!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
Honestly, this game has come a long way in providing content for their players to experience, however many changes are long overdue that would greatly improve the game in every aspect as well as a few ideas that would go fairly far to help improve the game as well.

I. PvP
1. Add a feature that allows you to filter duels out that you can’t join.
2. Eliminate the idea to join a certain side of a team (unless it is reserved for friends only) and instead simply put the duel being formed and list the names and levels of everyone currently signed up to participate.
3. Prohibit treasure cards from being used.
4. Disallow pets to give you cards.
5. Add a new category called “free play” which basically means you have your entire deck to play from at will without using the random luck factor of drawing the cards you need (an obvious feature that should never be added is making cards infinite due to healing spells making dueling last unpredictable time periods).
6. 1v2, 3, 4 2v3, 4 3v4
II. Combat and Player/Account Features
1. Add a feature that actually allows you to apply a setting to your minions such as “attack”, “defend self”, “defend me”, and “defend teammates”.
2. Allow players to store gold in the shared bank (without investing at a poor investment rate in items)
3. Allow to re-customize your character (i.e., hair, eyes, robes, and name).
4. Implement a feature for the current in game “mail boxes” so players can actually send mail and items to one another even if they are offline with a 30-day return wait.
5. Allow for a 7th Player slot
6. An exact copy of yourself down to the spell book in your house so you can duel against an ai version of yourself with varying levels of difficulty.
III. Chat Features
1. Allow for full-chat privileges with parental consent so players may communicate without obstruction (with an obvious filtering of select words and character combinations).
2. Add a chat feature for people with limited chat to specifically ask for help with a quest objective. Saying “I need help finding the Grub” doesn’t make much sense, however by stating the task to complete the objective by saying “I need help to defeat the Grub, a rank 4 boss.” Would make a lot of sense and get more response.
IV. Quests
1. Install a feature to view quests according to world
2. Install a feature that allows you to put certain quests in an “inactive folder” so you won’t track them once you finish a quest line and so that they won’t clutter your quest log.
3. Implement rewards for completing an entire world such as mounts of upgrading speeds (i.e., a magic broom for Wizard city at 5%, a Carpet for Krokotopia at 10%, a Bear for Grizzleheim at 15% and make it to where the speed only upgrades if you finished the all the worlds before that).