Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any opinions on my Balance build?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 22, 2011
Ice to Tower: (5)
Death to Feint: (7)
Myth to Earthquake: (9)
The rest will be spent on misc' spells such as the Sun school, Infection, etc.

I'm considering Myth to Earthquake with the mastery amulet as an alternative to Satyr, which costs 7. I plan on usin' Availing Hands as my primary heal.

Any thoughts?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Cedrien wrote:

I'm considering Myth to Earthquake with the mastery amulet as an alternative to Satyr, which costs 7. I plan on usin' Availing Hands as my primary heal.

Any thoughts?

You'll get varying answers on the multi-spec training your referring to above. Personally I don't train to Tower, Feint, etc. I use treasure cards or item cards to accomplish that. I go more in the astral schools than the Ravenwood ones. However, if you intend to use those spells consistently, it would beneficial to train them (especially PvP). I just know for a fact, those spells are not required to level in PvE. The spells you are given freely in the course of questing are more than enough to survive.

Now, I will strongly encourage you to not train in Satyr (like you indicated). Availing Hands is an awesome healing spell with the right timing (and it criticals off your Balance stats!!!!!). I still use that spell in Zafaria content. You team that up with an Empowerment and your golden.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
well, im 54 balance, too - so lets get cracking:
I have to say that so far, youre good.
Except for one thing - personally, i dont like tower shields. It seems like a waste oftraining points. I usually save up all of my points until I am level 10, then buy the -80% shields. They just work better for me.
Also I have a thing against feint - dont use them. The last time in pvp, a guy uses a feint next two my hex and elemental traps - the resulting spectral blast killed him. Never use feint unless you have a shield to block. That is where the tower shield comes in I see, but you should still get those other shields.
As for myth as a secondary school, it's okay, but I prfer fire. It does not fizzle too much, ok damge, and it cuts down on the amount of spells in my deck. Think of those spirit traps and blades that you put in your deck that dont really need to be there if you chose an elemental school as your secondary.
Buff up on healing, by amulets and rings boosting incoming and outgoing
Just my thoughts from a balance to another.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
Cedrien wrote:

Any thoughts?

Well, first off, Earthquakes are always available at the bazaar, so why use up 9 training points, when you can spend a couple hundred gold and get them?

Ice to Tower is an excellent choice
Death to Feint is also an excellent choice, especially for Judgment!
Fire to Fire Elf is also a great way to get rid of tower shields, although it does remove traps, it also takes out fire shields, or you can mutate it to take out storm shields or ice shields.

A myth mastery amulet is perfect for Balance as Shatter can remove all shields while leaving all traps in tact.

Balance can heal well enough on their own, or even if they do have a life mastery amulet, can buy satyr treasure cards and pixies.

You are doing quite well with what you have for Balance.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Cedrien wrote:

Any thoughts?

Depends on how to play your strategy, a defensive strategy will play out like this:
Train to Tower Shield
Get Fortify
(Even a defensive deck needs some boosts)
Amplify
(If you're a Hydra user, I recommend the Fire/Storm Traps)
Train up to Spirit Armor(Yes, this is a very good spell, even at high levels)
Aim for the Treant morph
Train up to Strong
Rank up to get Conviction
Maybe a Stun Block?
Alright, now for the offensive side:
Train up to Berserk in the Star school
Get NO Ravenwood school spell, except from Balance.
Get up to Colossal
Try to train up to Tower Shield
You don't need Feint, really

Now, for the random-strategy/mixture/PvP:
Tower Shield
Feint
Infection
Go up to Amplify(Star)
Get up to Strong(Sun)
Conviction
Up to Satyr
Get the Life Mastery amulet
Pets are really important, I recommend this:
Spell Proof
Spell Defy
MC Weakness
Spritely.

It's your choice, everyone in the game plays differently. And everyone's deck is also set up differently, I high recommend finding what suits you best.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2011