Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hatching Messed Up

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
Ok, so today I hatched my christmas elf with my friends snowball and got another elf and she also got a elf. I did this about a week ago too and got another elf. 60000 gold for pretty much nothing. I could've bought a whole mount with that. What really makes me mad is that she got a new pet both times and I didn't. Has this happened to anyone else?

Finnigan Darkflame Level 68 Life Wizard
World: Zafaria
Pet: Christmas Elf
Pet Name: Baby Hunter
Mood: Unhappy :x

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Historian
May 01, 2010
It might not be luck though, some pets are unobtainable by hatching, like I am pretty sure some promotional pets.

Explorer
Oct 03, 2009
DavidStronghunter1... wrote:
Its all luck, but I do hate when that happens.
Yeah but twice in a row please reply

Defender
Aug 26, 2010
coophol wrote:

I hatched my sea dragon with my nightmare (to get a pet with both spritely and unicorn). The first two times I got nightmares (neither got spritely), then one of the second generation nightmares with the sea dragon and got another sea dragon (no unicorn), those two again and got a nightmare (no spritely) and finally those two again and I got a sea dragon that had both spritely and unicorn. Each time I hatched it was over 40,000 gold.

8) Sometimes you just have to keep trying to get what you want.

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Happens to me all the time. Hatching is random. Sometimes I get the pet I want first try, sometimes it takes 6 tries. Various ideas are out there as to ways to influence what pet you get, such as order of who enters the hatching sigils first or who clicks ready first. But there is no proven foolproof way out there. What worked one time may not work the next.

Good luck and perseverance helps!

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
coophol wrote:

Yea. I see what you mean. Hey I've been trying to get a giraffe pet for a while and i still got nothing. Just keep trying.