Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Level 30 having trouble

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I am a level 30 fire wizard and I am stuck in Grizzleheim on the quest to defeat Lothin Doombringer. I just can't seem to defeat him or do anything else alone and my friends have not helped very much so far. I am also stuck in Marleybone on Hyde Park. Is there some strategy that will help me? :?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Topher65 wrote:
I am a level 30 fire wizard and I am stuck in Grizzleheim on the quest to defeat Lothin Doombringer. I just can't seem to defeat him or do anything else alone and my friends have not helped very much so far. I am also stuck in Marleybone on Hyde Park. Is there some strategy that will help me? :?

I find that when I am having problems with fights I need to make sure my gear is the best I can have for my level, at your level you should start to get pips gear which helps get your spell out faster, I tweak my deck for fights that require it, with this I remove spells I do not use and leave in ones for blade and trap and hits that get the most results with a few small pip spells for finishing up and at times I have had to wait for help, at your level with my Fire I still used a minion for help. I also try to gain some experience from doing non stressful side quests that help me level up a bit.

Though DragonSprye I do all main story line and side quests including, Crab Alley and Westeria, those places helped me collect gear etc. to sell for better gear buying and helped me be a better level for worlds to come. I try to get though the beginning three areas of Grizzlehiem by level 40 to get the Jotun fight but do not do that until I am a little higher level and have at least 2 others to help, then you can enter the last area Ravenscar which is quite long but needs to be completed to get into Wintertusk by level 50, I did not really do Wintertusk until level 55 since the fights there were a little difficult for me.

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
I am also having trouble with Lothin. More like getting through the Crypt, actually. Usually I use three potions when my health is like 650/1700 and still have one battle before Lothin. For some reason none of my friends are coming to me...WHY??? :?