Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

storm resist is WAY too high

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 18, 2011
storm is the school with the lowest defense and my balance has 28% resist and a storm legendary has 26%! thats too much i think it should be 13% resist i mean my balance was fighting a storm legendary in pvp aand when i used power nova and judgement it didnt kill him but if he didnt have that much resist he would have died i think storm resist is too much i ended up losing that battle. -kevin lvl 70 ice

Armiger
May 10, 2010
First of all, learn your facts before you complain, please!

Secondly, this post belongs in PvP forum, not Dorms.

Thirdly, Storm's resists vary on gear and pet, same as Ice or any other school for that matter.

If you want more resistance, you have to work for it and earn it.
Same as any other character or school in the game!

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:
storm is the school with the lowest defense and my balance has 28% resist and a storm legendary has 26%! thats too much i think it should be 13% resist i mean my balance was fighting a storm legendary in pvp aand when i used power nova and judgement it didnt kill him but if he didnt have that much resist he would have died i think storm resist is too much i ended up losing that battle. -kevin lvl 70 ice

It isn't too high. Storm has dramatically less health than everyone else and in a straight damage competition, the resist amplifies that higher health to a larger degree. For instance (and these are random even numbers, not taken from actual gear) storm at 2500 health with 26% means that the "kill" damage after factoring resist has to be:

2500 / ( 1-.26 ) = 3379

Balance by contrast at let's say around 3000 health would be:

3000 / ( 1-.28 ) = 4167

See how the gap started at 500 but then after factoring the higher resistance with the health, the actual gap becomes 788? Its just something you have to be aware of when you're in a PvP match, but I assure you... It does balance out.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Thirdly, Storm's resists vary on gear and pet, same as Ice or any other school for that matter.

Thank you! :)

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009
darthjt wrote:

Yes, as he said, Your resistance, Accuracy, and Attack all depend on your gear, your level means nothing in these areas, or Critical and Blocking for that matter. You do have to earn it. And don't knock on Storm, Balance has it pretty good because they are the center of the magic system, hence the name balance. Storm has its drawbacks as well as bonuses, the 30% fizzle rate doesn't help things either.
-Ian StormStaff, Lvl 56 Diviner

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
darthjt wrote:

He probably farmed for his gear or crafted it. Try doing some work for your gear.

Defender
Feb 06, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Obviously, he knows his facts. A Legendary Storm with NO resist talents from a pet will have 26 % universal resist. How is this not a fact?? (Obviously, I'm referring to someone with full Waterworks Gear).

Does it mean Storm should have less resist in my opinion?? Nope, not at all. Storm's resist is fine where it stands, but it's very rude of you to assume he doesn't know.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
saadkhan123 wrote:

It's just your strategy that's failing you against Storm. You only use Balance attacks. That's an easy guess of what you're going to use and anyone can manipulate that. I defeat Storm wizards too easy and for you they're too hard? I really don't get it

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Judging from the thread title I thought this was about Ices double stack on storm resist, which I think Darth said would bring that up to 65-70%?

Anyway, leave storm's resist gear alone. They need to defend themselves too.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
First off, as some of the others have said, this topic is in the wrong forum.

Second, Please leave storm wizards alone.

I have been doing everything I can to increase resist on my storm wizard and will continue to do so.

Learn to use what your wizard has and how to utilize it to your advantage.

btw, I have a Balance at lvl 58 and don't seem to have any problems with it. But then, I rarely ever go to the arena and if I do, I only do practice. I don't do ranked.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
gtarhannon wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

It isn't too high. Storm has dramatically less health than everyone else and in a straight damage competition, the resist amplifies that higher health to a larger degree. For instance (and these are random even numbers, not taken from actual gear) storm at 2500 health with 26% means that the "kill" damage after factoring resist has to be:

2500 / ( 1-.26 ) = 3379

3000 / ( 1-.28 ) = 4167

See how the gap started at 500 but then after factoring the higher resistance with the health, the actual gap becomes 788? Its just something you have to be aware of when you're in a PvP match, but I assure you... It does balance out.

Balance has around 3500 health at level 60 then around 4000 at level 70.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Armiger
May 10, 2010
kamarynjelise wrote:
darthjt wrote:

Obviously, he knows his facts. A Legendary Storm with NO resist talents from a pet will have 26 % universal resist. How is this not a fact?? (Obviously, I'm referring to someone with full Waterworks Gear).

Does it mean Storm should have less resist in my opinion?? Nope, not at all. Storm's resist is fine where it stands, but it's very rude of you to assume he doesn't know.

Okay, maybe you missed it, but this is what saadkhan123 stated:

"storm is the school with the lowest defense and my balance has 28% resist and a storm legendary has 26%! thats too much"

How is this a fact? So, when I state, know your facts, how am I wrong? Can Balance have more Resistance than 28%? Yes they can. Can Storm? Yes they can! You presume to tell me I am wrong, or even rude, when the facts are obvious to anyone that knows how to play this game, Storm in Fact, does not have too much resistance.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:

Note here where I said:

gtarhannon wrote:
(and these are random even numbers, not taken from actual gear)

I was just trying to explain the concept of "to kill damage" which not everyone understands and so used fictitious numbers to illustrate the point.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
darthjt wrote:

Here Here!

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
What the heck??? A Storms Resist is to high??? Nonononononoononono.

Have you looked a level 70 Ice? Woo.... Their Resist is higher then 46, Which will resist most of Storms attacks, there are also Shields which Resist Storm Attacks:O (Omigosh i never heard of that!!) If you have training points, Go to Sabrina Greenstar in the Fairgrounds (Shes kinda hidden, But you have seen her from the Golem Tower Side Quest) And train the Storm Shield. 80%. Now put these in your deck and watch storm do 500 Damage with Levethian and 12 Damage with Lightning Snake

Even through im not Storm, I am tired of when people keep saying (Insert School here) is Overpowered! Think about your school and since your Balance, try reading some Balance is Overpowered! Posts and see how it feels :(
Seriously, Ill give you a link now...

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/25122.ftl#134438

Alura Mythshade level 50 Necromancer
Calamity Orgeblossom level 35 Theurgist
Cheryl Trollcaster level 41 Pyromancer

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:
saadkhan123 wrote:

2500 / ( 1-.26 ) = 3379

3000 / ( 1-.28 ) = 4167

balance at lvl 70 has about 3700 not 4000.