Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

It isn't us, it's you too.

AuthorMessage
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
I've heard a million complaints of low level wizards. I want to say that we all just need to brush up on manners for this to be resolved:

High levels (and/or, people who have opened this world through storyline quests)

-You're in charge here. Use menu chat to give battle orders such as "Don't attack my target", "I've got the boss", "Focus on (add enemy name here).".

-If the lower levels have menu chat, take this as an advantage, but don't be rude. Say things such as "Don't use that spell please.", "That attacks all enemies, please don't use it!", "Please focus your attacks on (add enemy name here).", "I'm not going to give you shields right now,", "I cannot heal you right now"

- Do not call people names!!! This is irritating, and could result in more name calling, broken traps, and a lot of anger.

Low levels (and/or, people who have not unlocked the world by storyline)

-Ask "May I join?" before you join a battle. If you don't get a response, try someone else.

-Listen to the higher level players. They know what to do. If they say for you to do something, do it.

-Try to be aware. Try to not use spells that will break traps. If you do by accident, just say sorry and try not to do it again.

-Again! Do not call people names! Even if they call you something, do not call them names. Two wrongs do not make a right.

-Do your best! Prove that you can actually be helpful!

-Finally, try not to flee. If you have to, then fine, but do not join and immdiatly flee. This causes much anger for the other players. Try to just fight through it. Remember, people are more likely to heal you if you help them out and ask nicely.

If we can do this, the Spiral will be more peaceful. If all else fails, just clear your friends list, turn off ports, and hope a supposed "low level" doesn't run into you.

Explorer
Jan 22, 2011
Big wizards have all the rights!Low levels shoudl not have what to zo in zafaria or celestia or grizzletusk!The same problem occured when celestia was released!

Survivor
Aug 08, 2009
Even tho I agree with the name calling No one should be called names, But the facts are No one asks anymore they just join. All the low Levels I encountered are either mean and demand to be healed or do nothing and just let the timer run out till the fight is over. I will also say this to higher lvls, Just because we are higher than someone doesn't mean we can boss them around.

Right when I was in Zafaria it was the higher lvls that bothered me in not asking if they could join or not. They would come in the middle of my fight and bring in another monster, So I think it is A combination of lvls that is behind the frustration.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
if those with menu chat have an attitude, they will do whatever they want which is one reason why they are so annoying. ( and if you have troulbe with the word noob i call all my low lvl characters noobs. If i am going on one i say," I am going to go on my noob" if they changed it i would have to say "i am going to go on my low level character".)

Explorer
Apr 28, 2009
merewen wrote:
Even tho I agree with the name calling No one should be called names, But the facts are No one asks anymore they just join. All the low Levels I encountered are either mean and demand to be healed or do nothing and just let the timer run out till the fight is over. I will also say this to higher lvls, Just because we are higher than someone doesn't mean we can boss them around.

Right when I was in Zafaria it was the higher lvls that bothered me in not asking if they could join or not. They would come in the middle of my fight and bring in another monster, So I think it is A combination of lvls that is behind the frustration.

If you jump into my fight healing yourself is your responsibility not mine.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
Posting in defense of low leveled wizards or high leveled wizards doesn't solve a thing. Just don't talk about the subject and it will die off. But people bring it back up again causing many fights...

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
hunteray09 wrote:
Posting in defense of low leveled wizards or high leveled wizards doesn't solve a thing. Just don't talk about the subject and it will die off. But people bring it back up again causing many fights...

I know but it was nice anyway.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
eggywig wrote:
I've heard a million complaints of low level wizards. I want to say that we all just need to brush up on manners for this to be resolved:

High levels (and/or, people who have opened this world through storyline quests)

-You're in charge here. Use menu chat to give battle orders such as "Don't attack my target", "I've got the boss", "Focus on (add enemy name here).".

-If the lower levels have menu chat, take this as an advantage, but don't be rude. Say things such as "Don't use that spell please.", "That attacks all enemies, please don't use it!", "Please focus your attacks on (add enemy name here).", "I'm not going to give you shields right now,", "I cannot heal you right now"

- Do not call people names!!! This is irritating, and could result in more name calling, broken traps, and a lot of anger.

-Ask "May I join?" before you join a battle. If you don't get a response, try someone else.

-Listen to the higher level players. They know what to do. If they say for you to do something, do it.

-Try to be aware. Try to not use spells that will break traps. If you do by accident, just say sorry and try not to do it again.

-Again! Do not call people names! Even if they call you something, do not call them names. Two wrongs do not make a right.

-Finally, try not to flee. If you have to, then fine, but do not join and immdiatly flee. This causes much anger for the other players. Try to just fight through it. Remember, people are more likely to heal you if you help them out and ask nicely.

If we can do this, the Spiral will be more peaceful. If all else fails, just clear your friends list, turn off ports, and hope a supposed "low level" doesn't run into you.

Your my hero. Someone finally stood up and told everyone to stop complaining about low levels.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Mythknowledge655 wrote:
Big wizards have all the rights!Low levels shoudl not have what to zo in zafaria or celestia or grizzletusk!The same problem occured when celestia was released!

I disagree with you. Just because we may be a higher level does NOT give us the right to be rude and call people names, regardless of what world we are in.

I once had a low-level friend (around level 8 or so) accidentally port to me while I was in DS, and he was extremely helpful. We were both Balance wizards, so I took the first spot and did all the damage, but he acted like a minion and gave me blades, traps, shields, etc... it was kinda fun, showing him what he had to look forward to in 42 levels. :P

-

Don't forget that high-level wizards can be annoying, too. I'm a level 66 Balance wizard, and I can't count the number of times that I'll get someone (usually a Life or Death wiz) who says, "here, you buff me- keep passing and let me kill the monsters, I've got Forest Lord/Scarecrow/insert spell here"....

Um, no. Just because you said that, I will now break your feint with my justice slash.

-

I don't care what level you are. But, if you join my fight, you are your own responsibility- I don't mind healing/blading/shielding you, but PLEASE don't demand that I do so... if you do this, I will happily save my pips and crush the monsters with my mad skillz while you get defeated.

Oh, and have a nice day :D

Laura Shadowsong
Legendary Sorceress

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
hunteray09 wrote:

OMG hunter ray 09 don't try to defend the low level noobs just stay out of this situation.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
moogirl45 wrote:
eggywig wrote:

Your my hero. Someone finally stood up and told everyone to stop complaining about low levels.

Thanks! That really just made my day! Low levels need to learn to be polite and follow directions, and higher ones to give directions without yelling. The more people who do this, the more peaceful the game will become.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
avhop567 wrote:
Ha ha, giving low level/little kids respect I think not!

little kids/low levels will NEVER get any respect from me.

Anyway low levels don't deserve to be in the higher level worlds without earning it like all of us high levels did. Why should they get a free be into another world that they have not earned access too when we worked our butts off to get to places such as celestia and zafaria?

They just want to see a new world is all. Trust me, when I go to Celestia, I try to be polite, and not disturb battles. I mainly stay on the sidewalks and watch. Even on a world that I unlocked, I will still say sorry if I accidentally get pulled into someone elses battles, and will try to help as much as possible. If you call someone a name, then you get called one and they will break all of your traps. If you are polite, then others are more likely to be polite too.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
hunteray09 wrote:

Sigh... I know, but I can't do nothing either! I feel that posting something encouraging good manners might help a little.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
avhop567 wrote:

Anyway low levels don't deserve to be in the higher level worlds without earning it like all of us high levels did. Why should they get a free be into another world that they have not earned access too when we worked our butts off to get to places such as celestia and zafaria?

Also, I'm suggesting that Low levels and high levels need to have more respect for the other to solve the problem. You seem to not understand my post entirely, and hence, your post becomes erelevant.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
avhop567 wrote:

That's rude. Weren't you ever a newbie? Oh, that's right- you just started at level 70, didn't you, oh mighty Transcended wizard?

I know my experience with low-levels isn't typical, but the kid was super-helpful and it was a great time. If you don't want people porting to you, then turn off ports and make yourself invisible to friends.... Or better yet, don't friend anyone.

avhop567 wrote:

Whether they do or not is irrelevant, and it's not up to you where other people go. We're all on the same team, and we'll all end up in the same place eventually.

Squire
Jun 19, 2009
avhop567 wrote:

OMG hunter ray 09 don't try to defend the low level noobs just stay out of this situation.

I never said anything in defense of them? Anyways, it's nice of you to make this thread, not trying to be a troll here. It's just when people get angry cause of it and then they bring it back up again and start it all over again, it's weird.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
Defender
Nov 05, 2011
I am surprised at how much people are annoyed by this.

I mean, c'mon, aren't they just coming to help us? Or just to see us? Or to level up so that they can be more useful :)

Many, many people have done it - sometimes i even ask for lower levels to come and help - am I crazy?

I think the players of Wizard101 should be kinder to one and other - not to fight and not to complain about something someone's done.

Jasmine IceBringer

Survivor
Aug 13, 2010
eggywig wrote:

Yeah, its not nice to be called names by ANYONE. But low levels can be annoying when they teleport to you when your in Zafaria, then they just flee because they can't handle it, or they stay and it's even more irritating.
It's extremely ANNOYING. I turn my ports off whenever possible.
A message to the noobs?
We were all noobs once. But don't port to us in Zafaria, Wintertusk, or Celestia anymore!! You try to help, but you just make it harder! Don't do it!

Bailey Earthblood level 70 Necromancer

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Let me edit everything you said.

Be polite and respectful

END OF SUBJECT.

Survivor
Jan 27, 2009
Why are lower levels in Zf, Cl anyway? I don't blame people for getting upset.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
hopefully i can end this. i was a mute as the people call them now and a noob at the same time( not fun at all no communicating what so ever) and let me tell you a mirical. I survived alll the way to dragon spyre and i had a lot of people say no and try to ditch me when i needed help with a boss or a dungeon. while i now have open chat( thank heavens) i understand why they did that. mutes witch what i was called so i kinda can say that even though it might be name calling dont understand strategy much and if its a cheating boss you cant say stay stall as much as you can ill be back as soon as possible. While they can be usefull at the right level half the time they just have an attitude that they are better than you cuase they are the same level and tend to mess up your traps or trigger the cheat that the boss does so its really just a matter of the low levels understanding that they have to ask first before porting or joining battles

Delver
Apr 10, 2010
I agree with eggywig. We all, low level AND high level wizards alike, need to use our good manners. No name calling is needed . Being hateful and arrogant to a lower level wizard (just because we're 60, 70, or 80th level) gives us higher levels a bad reputation. I remember reading somewhere in the forums that we high levels were mean. It just takes one or two to give us this ugly reputation too.

Yes, I've come across the rude, mean, name-callers in all levels. It still is not nice. One of my wizards was helping a lwer level friend and he asked "Why are you so nice?" My answer...."Because being nice matters to me."

We just need to face facts, folks. Where there are new worlds, there will be lower levels wanting to go in and see it. It can be aggravating, true. But I have had both low level AND high level wizards jump into my battles without invitation/asking. It happens. They may have gotten dragged into the fight, or just decided they wanted into that battle. You either get through the fight or are defeated, but you just might end up making a new friend too.

Okay, off the soapbox now.

Survivor
Sep 30, 2010
Ronster55 wrote:
Let me edit everything you said.

Be polite and respectful

END OF SUBJECT.

I totally agree. I mean the point of the game is to have fun.

Defender
Mar 11, 2011
I was very mad when I was doing Malistare with my friend. We were lvl 49. And all of a sudden... (suspense) 2 low-level noobs teleported to me they were very annoying. They took up my feint over and over and got killed by him with a scarecrow. I was happy that they were defeated so they would not take up my traps. They said heal me, blade me, trap me. I just wonder why they said trap me. You put traps on OTHER people. I deleted them when they fled. And I think one said that your stupid to me. I hope they put lvl restrictions on the high lvl worlds so high lvl friends can still teleport while the low lvls dont interupt your battles.

Thank You for letting me share my feelings.

P.S i was happy because they took up my tc feints so i was very mad .