Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What's up with the Cyclops pet?

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Lately when I walk around Wizard101, everyone has a Cyclops pet. Am I missing something here? Seriously, if you walk around Wizard City on a busy enough server then you are guaranteed to see a Cyclops pet. I have seen many people with them. It is mostly in the lower places like in Wizard City and Krokotopia, but I have seen some in Marleybone and even MooShu. I haven't checked Dragonspyre (since I can't go there yet) but if the trend in the other worlds continues then there are sure to be some there. I am tired of seeing the same Cyclops pet over and over again. Are they the latest fashion or what?

Administrator
Penny Dreadful, our new visitor to the Ravenwood Commons, may have some information for you. Talk to her, and if you've already done so, then maybe Zeke can help.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Nov 06, 2008
yes penny dose have a pet for you i wont spoil it but its really fun!!!!!!!!!!! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Taylor LifeDreamer
an ice wizard

have fun :-) :-)

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Do you have to beat her quest "Our Daily Dread?" I hate that one! I am level 35 and shouldn't have to go back to Unicorn Way to get a pet.

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
Windlilly wrote:
Do you have to beat her quest "Our Daily Dread?" I hate that one! I am level 35 and shouldn't have to go back to Unicorn Way to get a pet.

Nobody says you have too. It's an OPTION to do so. It's like saying you HAVE TO go back and buy something from Pat O' Gold just because they are the new Merchant in town. If you don't want to do the quest then don't do it. It's not a quest you have to do to beat the game

Hunter SilverHeart

Survivor
Oct 29, 2008
Don't worry about getting that pet. It dosen't even come with a card or any powers. It wasn't even worth much when I sold it...

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
I don't think it's fashionable, people just add it to their pet collection. I carried mine around until I got a better pet. I was wondering why Penny Dread does not hand this task out anymore? Is it a bug?

It is because when I made my new storm character the other day, Penny, does not have an exclamation mark over her head.

All she said was Excuse me Can you help me please? without further directions.

Help please if you know what happened as in she does not have the task anymore?

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
K, so all you do is do all the missions for penny, after that talk to .... (sorry, don't want to spoil!) and then you will see penny's spellbook, and then you go to .... .... and find ..... and get the pet!

Defender
Oct 19, 2008
maryanne20, your person has to get to a certain level before penny gives out your quest.

Survivor
Dec 15, 2008
Rofl, you have to finish that new quest to get the Cyclops. You know what I really hate? THEY NAME IT FOR YOU! Mine had to be King Honey! I mean you can rename it, but it cost you money So yeah, I really wouldn't worry about the Cyclops Pet because there are much cooler pets out there! ;) And besides I hate having the same things as everybody else. Be different and you will be noticed! :-D

Mastermind
Sep 20, 2008
Windlilly wrote:

You don't want to get an almost-free Pet?? All of mine are on Kroc-World and past, with my Death Witch being partway through Mooshu; but I went back with every one of them, and got each of them their very own Blue Cyclops Pet! It so suits my Myth Wizard to have his favorite attack Spell now as his personal assistant....

As for what you have to do, its simple : Finish all of Penny's Quests, then finish the ones that Zeke give you after that. Its all Run and Deliver except for that one Quest where you have to kill one of several kinds of Undead throughout Wizard City.

I found it a touch boring myself, but its fun nonetheless....

Scarlet SkullHammer (Death 35, Black Cat Pet, "Shadow")

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Yeah, I'm just really kind of hurrying through MooShu so that I can get to Dragonspyre (and I have a reason, but I don't want to explain it right now). I am also a little angry because I thought I had beat every quest in Wizard City until more quests were added. To still be able to say that I was done with Wizard City, I went back and did all these. Then suddenly Penny is added too... it is just annoying.

And did someone say the Cyclops was blue? The ones I've seen aren't blue.

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
Ok, so since the update made everyone talk, I decided I would do this quest. I got to hear Penny's voice (which really gets on my nerves after a while) and Prospector Zeke's. I also found out that they are just called "Blue Cyclops" though I'm still not sure why. My Cyclops' name was Missy. I carried him/her around for a little bit, but I like my ninja pig, Lady Sasha, much better. :-) Thank you again for everyone's help.

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2009
hey guys does anybody know how i could get BACK the cyclops pet? i foolishly sold it because i got a little curious

Survivor
Jun 03, 2009
the reason why its called the blue cyclops is because its short are blue

hope this helped