Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Some Wizards are overpowered

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
It has come to my attention the there are some classes that have become really overpowered and some have lost the thing that was most unique to them. Like Ice they still have the most health in the game but its not by that much anymore balance and life are both rather close. Ice also no longers has that resist that made it special becuase all types have a universal resist now so ice has more just by a tiny percent. Also ice doesnt get as many attack boost and stuff as other classes but they get a resist boost now as well has a high attack boost. For fire they have lost what was special to them and that was the over turn attack spells and now alot of types have them. For some of the classes that have become overpowered are storm and balance. In balances case they have almost as much health and resist as ice and they have an attack boost rather close to storms. It turns out balance has gone out of balance. For storm they now have a resist and a extremely high damage boost along with some very powerful spells. Also in the example of Life they are suppose to be good beacuse of healing and they havent gotten a healing spell in a while instead they have just become a big hitter that can hit and has health close to what balance has and a large attack boost too. It seems unfair for schools like myth and death too because they have not gotten an all hit spell in forever. The one that has seems to have taken the most toll from this though is ice beacuse they have basically lost both things that were unique to them and still get the lowest end of boost from equipments. So would you please rebalance the equipments and spells to make each wizard have what them is unique to them still unique and not have extremely overpowered wizard types.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bilzardman wrote:
It has come to my attention the there are some classes that have become really overpowered and some have lost the thing that was most unique to them. Like Ice they still have the most health in the game but its not by that much anymore balance and life are both rather close. Ice also no longers has that resist that made it special becuase all types have a universal resist now so ice has more just by a tiny percent. Also ice doesnt get as many attack boost and stuff as other classes but they get a resist boost now as well has a high attack boost. For fire they have lost what was special to them and that was the over turn attack spells and now alot of types have them. For some of the classes that have become overpowered are storm and balance. In balances case they have almost as much health and resist as ice and they have an attack boost rather close to storms. It turns out balance has gone out of balance. For storm they now have a resist and a extremely high damage boost along with some very powerful spells. Also in the example of Life they are suppose to be good beacuse of healing and they havent gotten a healing spell in a while instead they have just become a big hitter that can hit and has health close to what balance has and a large attack boost too. It seems unfair for schools like myth and death too because they have not gotten an all hit spell in forever. The one that has seems to have taken the most toll from this though is ice beacuse they have basically lost both things that were unique to them and still get the lowest end of boost from equipments. So would you please rebalance the equipments and spells to make each wizard have what them is unique to them still unique and not have extremely overpowered wizard types.

Ice gets up to 75% resist to Fire and Storm, I've seen it. Fire and Storm are going to have a bunch of trouble when facing an Ice wizard. And all the schools for universal resist because the level 58 spells were too powerful without the resist.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay, there are many things I disagree with here:
1) Storm is not overpowered. They have a very low amount of health so it is necessary for them to take out the enemy quickly before they are killed. This is why Storm has high attack power.

2) Balance, also not overpowered. They have a low attack power compaired to other schools, so they have blades and traps to boost up attacks. Also, many spells use the power of other schools and there are many Balance spells that don't do Balance damage.

3) Life is not overpowered. They have a low amount of attack power. In fact, the lowest. They are meant to be a healing school, but they need to attack enemies too. Otherwise they couldn't solo.

4) Fire is still special. Have you noticed that all schools get a shield (Ice is the defense school), a heal (Life is the Healing school), a blade and trap, a minion, and so on? All the schools just get 1 DoT but Fire has a good history of them.

5) Death and Myth are still rocking the charts! Death is way more powerful then Balance. The only way I beat my Death friend in a PvP was with a Stormzilla treasure card! Myth is a tricky school. The attack isn't great, because they are supposed to summon minions to help them. It's a hard skill to master, but the minions are their equals that do the fighting. Two wizards are better than one. And Ice is still a tough cookie. It's like a 5 year cookie made of stone that you stick in a freezer in the middle of the tundra for 20 more years. That's how hard.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
agreed eggywig, lol
but that stone cookie would crack if you did that
btw, to boost your argument -
Myth is excellent. Remember earthquakes, shatters, and whatnot?

Even the toughest ice wizard can break if their precious armors and shields were taken away from them.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
there is no over powered school.

you need to learn to master the spells you have ans soon you will find your lower cost spells can be combo-ed to make more damage than a higher cost spell could.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
hobi wrote:
there is no over powered school.

you need to learn to master the spells you have ans soon you will find your lower cost spells can be combo-ed to make more damage than a higher cost spell could.
I agree with hobi. And also, the more people who can't strategize and complain about other schools in message boards instead, the more the in-game experience with other players worsens. I hate PvP complainers.

Hero
Jan 24, 2010
Hi All,

IMHO, each school is moderately distinctive in terms of strategy and unique spells. The real difference is the ability of the human driving the wizard. There are simply stronger players, those with more effective strategies, who spend more time crafting gear, gardening for treasures, building decks, and training pets. Then there are weaker players who are disadvantaged by lack of money for crowns items, less time to spend crafting, gardening, and training pets, and who are perhaps not analytically inclined in their thinking about decks, etc. Other factors such as familiarity with the game, motivation, and the age of a player will also affect the performance of a wizard.

Usually the cry of "Overpowered!!!!!!!!!" stems from a stinging loss in pvp or pve, which leaves a player disenchanted with whatever school of magic delivered a smackdown in battle. Ego tends to generalize and transfer blame...

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian/Moira/Scarlet

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I have to agree with the other posters. Learn to use what you have to the best advantage. Regardless whether you can afford the crowns or not, you can still make a fairly powerful wizard.

I don't understand why someone always has to come up with "This school or that school is overpowered". I have wizards in all but ice and did have one until I deleted it and replaced with myth.

Ice does have a higher base health than other schools, but other wizards can raise their overall health by the gear they wear, and some pets also give additional health.

I have a lvl 47 storm wizard that has over 2045 health because of the gear and the fact that the pet is also giving me an additional +84 health gift. In general, she is nearing her max health, but I will use any gear or pet that will increase that health without giving up necessary stats.

I have friends in all schools and don't have a problem with their power. Infact, there have been times I was glad they were as powerful as they are or my wizard would have died.

NO SCHOOL IS OVERPOWERED.

I wish KI would block all posts in regards to spells, schools or wizards being overpowered.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
queenlybluebean wrote:
Hi All,

IMHO, each school is moderately distinctive in terms of strategy and unique spells. The real difference is the ability of the human driving the wizard. There are simply stronger players, those with more effective strategies, who spend more time crafting gear, gardening for treasures, building decks, and training pets. Then there are weaker players who are disadvantaged by lack of money for crowns items, less time to spend crafting, gardening, and training pets, and who are perhaps not analytically inclined in their thinking about decks, etc. Other factors such as familiarity with the game, motivation, and the age of a player will also affect the performance of a wizard.

Usually the cry of "Overpowered!!!!!!!!!" stems from a stinging loss in pvp or pve, which leaves a player disenchanted with whatever school of magic delivered a smackdown in battle. Ego tends to generalize and transfer blame...

Warmest Regards,

Qbb/Iridian/Moira/Scarlet

I agree!

Defender
Mar 11, 2010
Someone lost in pvp who is ice who went up against a balance and a life! Balance has the second most health of all the wizards, first being ice.
Life, I'll have to look more on. Balance starts out 20 less health than
ice, so it's pretty close. Just wait... more than likely, lvl 70 gear will be released in some what 5 months from now, just like lvl 60 gear.