Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Waterworks...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 01, 2010
I have done the Waterworks 6 times on one of my wizards and I haven't gotten any gear or mega pet snacks at all. I did it all the way through, and all my friends got at least 1 snack. Is this a bug or is it just coincidence? Has it happened to anyone else?

Survivor
Mar 25, 2009
pianosax13 wrote:
I have done the Waterworks 6 times on one of my wizards and I haven't gotten any gear or mega pet snacks at all. I did it all the way through, and all my friends got at least 1 snack. Is this a bug or is it just coincidence? Has it happened to anyone else?

Ok yes I think its a coincidence I did it 4 times 1st time i got the cape of judgement well im balance the second time i got nothing really the third time i got the mega snack baby carrots and the 4th time got the hat from luska by the way you get your hat from luska and your cape and boots from Sylster and the other 2 bosses next to him o wait actually i did it like 6 times except people kept leaving so always have a team that possibly won't leave so actually try to get real friends in real life to help

Waterworks Warrior Isaac DragonThorn Level 68

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
pianosax13 wrote:

This is not a bug. The level 60 gear has always been random on drop rates. The mega snacks were changed to random just prior to Zafaria release (likely because level 70 wizards would have an easier time going through the Waterworks). The guaranteed mega snacks now drop in Mirror Lake.

Survivor
Jun 11, 2011
I agree that the Water Works is not a big waste of time. My wizard is now a level 70 and I've been in there countless times since level 60 and have only received the boots in a drop. Since, KI reprogrammed the area last fall it is horrible. Guess KI was losing sells of mega snacks in the crown shop with people farming the Water Works. But, it's all for the $$$$, so guess that's to be expected. They least they could have done is provided a means to get the gear in other ways, like crafting or making it available in the Bazaar or something.

My advice craft the gear from Carax Strongthread in Sudilund, Wintertusk. Normally, better gear then the Water Works stuff.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Man doing Waterworks is a pain in the but for me now. I've tried 13 times to get my myth's robe (Tricksy Robe), and all the others got their robes and other stuff. Please tell me it's a bug or some sort of stuff.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2009
It's pretty common to not get what you want in the waterworks. On my first try I got nothing. The second time I got my hat,boots and a mega snack. I'm still after my robe though. Chis Star Stone transcended thaumaturge.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
TomInVA2 wrote:
I agree that the Water Works is not a big waste of time. My wizard is now a level 70 and I've been in there countless times since level 60 and have only received the boots in a drop. Since, KI reprogrammed the area last fall it is horrible. Guess KI was losing sells of mega snacks in the crown shop with people farming the Water Works. But, it's all for the $$$$, so guess that's to be expected. They least they could have done is provided a means to get the gear in other ways, like crafting or making it available in the Bazaar or something.

My advice craft the gear from Carax Strongthread in Sudilund, Wintertusk. Normally, better gear then the Water Works stuff.

I have crafted the helmet from Sudilund for my Life and Death, next will be for my Storm, although my Life wizard did get 3 hoods from WaterWorks runs the helmet stats were better for me and she can craft them all because she has the most stuff, done all the craft guests along the way and then just put them in the shared bank for my other wizards, you don't need a craft table because you use the Ice cave in Grizzlehiem something I did not know in the beginning.

It would seem you can be lucky enough to know a team of wizards that will run you though this thing countless times for your gear or you will join with who ever is standing at it. The latter means the fight can be any where from 1-4 hours long, you can get a nice group of wizards or some really rude ones, more menu chat are trying for this so in a group they hop on the pad and most when they get in there will just exit when they see them inside, rarely when it has run long can all the wizards who entered stay, some times it even must just be abandoned meaning all that time prior wasted. Some just need from first boss and won't tell you that when you enter and they just don't show up for the next fight. In short if I take all my wizards though this thing I will have done it hundreds of times, it took me less time and aggravation to craft then do this dungeon so I may just craft from now on even though I am not as pleased with the boots stats.

Most wizards are unaware of crafting or could even do it, most wizards are not able to find a good team or can invest this much time into WaterWorks repeatedly, most have found the gear from Zafaria very lacking so in the end most seek this level 60 gear to improve their wizard enough so Zafaria isn't that much of a headache. Clearly for a lot of wizards they will end up making do with what ever they can and struggle to get by.

Clearly everyone believes this gear is something you should some will be able to earn but really after a while what is it worth to you, hours of monotonous game play tied up in one dungeon? My biggest disappointment is my level 70 wizards ending up with level 60 gear.

Survivor
Sep 22, 2009
pianosax13 wrote:

Hi i am a level 63 wizard you have to really pitch in to get the gear i have it and i have only done it twice :D