Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Do people ever think you're a different type?

AuthorMessage
Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I'm not sure if this goes into PvP or this section, if it goes somewhere else, please move this. Do people ever think you're a different school then you really are? Or can they tell you're your school?

Everyone seems to think my balance wizard, Nicole Jadesword, is life because they were putting up life shields against me in a match and other people think so because of the Jade in her name. I don't mind though.

What school do people think you are?

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
Lol, yeah, some people can be slow to learn the different schools. I mean, my name is Stormglade, I have low Health, carry a Storm Pet, and people still think i'm Ice simply because my Robes are light blue. I twist it to my advantage though, and use a well placed Triton while all they have is Ice/Fire combo shields up.

A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
I'm not sure if this goes into PvP or this section, if it goes somewhere else, please move this. Do people ever think you're a different school then you really are? Or can they tell you're your school?

Everyone seems to think my balance wizard, Nicole Jadesword, is life because they were putting up life shields against me in a match and other people think so because of the Jade in her name. I don't mind though.

on my ice people sometimes think i am fire

Destiny iceflame

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
i didn't ever really get labeled as a different school in pvp, however back when i first began the game i didnt know that clicking a wizard brought a menu you could check it. I would often pose that question to people though.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
crest712 wrote:
i didn't ever really get labeled as a different school in pvp, however back when i first began the game i didnt know that clicking a wizard brought a menu you could check it. I would often pose that question to people though.

It doesn't have to be in PvP

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
I wore red to disguise myself as a fire because of our equal stats on health. My opponents friends were like, "He's myth dude!"
"No, he is fire! Look!"

But, I noticed when wearing red, people would put up fire shields against me much more. So yeah it was fun playing that for a while. Then I got tired of red :/

Survivor
Dec 20, 2011
I invited someone to my house decked out in storm krok stuff and was all like"your a myth student aren't you?"then I kicked him out.LoL!:D. Even
My walls were storm wallpaper or purple.like come on man!im the opposite of myth!

"I rock,but I don't like metal .im a diviner,but I'm not divine.but that doesn't matter cause in fight I'll send you back to unicorn way"

Michael swiftstalker -level 28 diviner-marleybone

Mastermind
May 02, 2009
bionaknight wrote:
Lol, yeah, some people can be slow to learn the different schools. I mean, my name is Stormglade, I have low Health, carry a Storm Pet, and people still think i'm Ice simply because my Robes are light blue. I twist it to my advantage though, and use a well placed Triton while all they have is Ice/Fire combo shields up.
my name is stormsong but i'm a ice.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I've had a few people who thought my Fire wizard was Life, due to her last name being "DreamGlade". Despite the rampant fire blades, the helephant pet and the red hair. I suppose most people merely look at the colour of the gear, and haven't realised that some of us like to dye our gear.

I have thought about messing with peoples' heads for my Balance, and equip her with a mix of yellow, purple and black.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
My name is Courtney Greenthistle but I am ice. I didn't mean to name my ice wizard what I wanted to name my life wizard. I bet more then once I have been mistaked as life which is ok by me

Courtney Greenthistle level 68 legendary thaumaturge

Defender
May 17, 2011
all the time! people always think that I am a fire wizard (even though i am life). I think that they think that because my wizard's name is saffron firehunter. also, i wear stuff that doesn't favor one school, is many different colors, and all schools can wear. Also, my secondary school is fire, so when i am in pvp and randomly throw a helephant at you, well, that pretty much concludes it all. i do like it though, as in pvp people spend all their pips with dispel next outgoing fire spell and fire sheilds. ha ha ha .

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I wear red and black, have a very generic name and level 40 gear stitched on my level 70 life wizard, in higher levels I get very few friends requests, lol.

I am sure they believe me to be fire and a pestering low level in worlds I do not belong in. When I do rarely get friended they usually comment on how they had no idea. I solo mostly so joining fights has never been a problem they usually join mine, other wise I would probably get a lot of no please don't.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
Kinda stinks how they got rid of that surprise aspect though with the new school icons next to people's name. Too many people complained about it in pvp so...... :?

Survivor
Feb 15, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:

i think it also depends on the color of your clothes

Defender
Jul 09, 2011
I wear black and purple clothes, have a Death staff, a Black Widow pet yet people still think I'm Balance because I tend to boost people instead of attacking and because I have a Balance blade and Hex because of my amulet.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
HEALER331 wrote:
Rihanna12 wrote:

i think it also depends on the color of your clothes

I know, but that wizard has gold with pink trim :P

Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
I'm a Myth wizard, but people often confuse me for Storm because I sometimes wear dark blue robes, even though I usually try to just wear yellow. However, I also use this as my advantage, because I carefully place storm traps, but use cloak spell on my myth blades and traps, and I will usually end the match with a minotaur.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
My Balance wiz wears red and black, and her last name is Shadowsong... I occasionally get people asking if I'm a necro, but doesn't happen often.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Nah. The clothes make it so that it's obvious I'm Balance. Maybe in DragonSpyre I could desguise as a Death Student...

Explorer
Dec 25, 2010
People tend to think I'm storm because I wear purple and have a purple storm pet. It's not my fault my favorite color is purple :P

Survivor
May 31, 2011
People think I am death because my clothes are black, I did that on purpose, Then when they see my life the think I am a Grandmaster or something! Its so funny when I am really Ice a Level 49

Survivor
Feb 17, 2011
I usually get mistaken as Ice whenever I wear blue and now that I'm wearing red for awhile, I get mistaken Fire. Truth is, I only wear Blue because it's my favorite color :D

Survivor
Jan 30, 2009
I get mistaken for Ice School all the time because my robes are blue and white. I only picked the colors because the Balance School colors aren't very nice. Ugh. Pink. My character's name is Destiny MoonBlossom, so I don't think it's the name... I mean, I have a Hydra pet by my side! It's not hard to figure out!

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
I dye my robes so I look like death or balance. I never use a storm only pet.

This way when I get into pvp - I can knoc them out without them being prepared.

It's great strategy!

Survivor
Nov 18, 2009
I once changed my legend gear (great idea cause usually your legend waterworks gear come in your school color) into blue, and my friends and enemies assumed i was ice and they cast fire shields that shielded storm and ice spells. Kinda weird since i was wearing a phoenix pet and a fire wand, but who cares. It is fun to twist people like that (sadly my friend made me change my clothes back to red)