Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New Castle Idea: The Fifth Element

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
The Fifth Element:
In the classic concept of the four elements that originated from Ancient China, Air, Water, Earth, and Fire, were said to be the four elements from which everything was made by some precise equation (like 3a+3w+3f+3e= a scimitar but change the 3a to 4a and it make a shield instead), but there was a less famous fifth element; the m-element. It is known as the m-element because it can stand for a variety of words such as: magic, mystic, mystery, murky, and etc..

Key Concepts and Design:
The reason for giving this castle such a name is because it is located within the fifth element so that it remains neutral between all the schools of magic because this is simply an account bound castle (whether single or family is debatable).
The idea is a great keep located within the fifth element, attached to it are seven other spheres with each one representing a different school of magic. The Storm, Ice, and Fire schools would be connected in one hoop, the Life and Death on another, and Mythology and Balance each on separate hoops. Each sphere would have it's own eliptical course traveling on the hoop (which would make the hoops an oval) with the hoop. slowly spinning parallel to the motion of the spheres on the hoop. The desired effect here is to have an enticing display of harmony between schools moving in an intricate design. To observe such an effect, the tower of the keep would be an observation platform to watch the spectacle. However, they are not just for show as members of each school may actually teleport into their sphere to which they would experience their element in its fullest (i.e., a violent lightning storm with tidal waves surging all around, winds that conquer twister's by far and any other elements a good storm needs for a storm wizard).

Background:
A simple description of what I think could work as the backdrop portraying as the m-element; simply a northern light spectacle except made spherical could work beautifully or perhaps if you could, find some way to combine the seven elements we have here into a spetacular display!

Keep Characteristics:
A great hall for partying
A kitchen for cooking
A dining room for dining
Secret passageways to "fun" places (maybe a dueling arena)
A library
A platform of land that it sits on to provide farm ground as well as other outdoor decors
I'm thinking more of a medieval fantasy style for the keep (not a Disney styled castle)
An inner courtyard with plenty of space for fountains and such
A trophy and art room
A few studies and bedrooms
And perhaps perhaps a servant or two

The End
And of course, thank you in advance, a double thanks to those who actually read it, and a triple thanks to those who take the time of their day to post a comment pertaining to this new idea whether it be criticism or praise!

edit: fixed a labeling error on the "Background" paragraph which formerly read "Castle Design".

Delver
Sep 20, 2009
Zezick wrote:
The Fifth Element:
In the classic concept of the four elements that originated from Ancient China, Air, Water, Earth, and Fire, were said to be the four elements from which everything was made by some precise equation (like 3a+3w+3f+3e= a scimitar but change the 3a to 4a and it make a shield instead), but there was a less famous fifth element; the m-element. It is known as the m-element because it can stand for a variety of words such as: magic, mystic, mystery, murky, and etc..

Key Concepts and Design:
The reason for giving this castle such a name is because it is located within the fifth element so that it remains neutral between all the schools of magic because this is simply an account bound castle (whether single or family is debatable).
The idea is a great keep located within the fifth element, attached to it are seven other spheres with each one representing a different school of magic. The Storm, Ice, and Fire schools would be connected in one hoop, the Life and Death on another, and Mythology and Balance each on separate hoops. Each sphere would have it's own eliptical course traveling on the hoop (which would make the hoops an oval) with the hoop. slowly spinning parallel to the motion of the spheres on the hoop. The desired effect here is to have an enticing display of harmony between schools moving in an intricate design. To observe such an effect, the tower of the keep would be an observation platform to watch the spectacle. However, they are not just for show as members of each school may actually teleport into their sphere to which they would experience their element in its fullest (i.e., a violent lightning storm with tidal waves surging all around, winds that conquer twister's by far and any other elements a good storm needs for a storm wizard).

Keep Design:
A simple description of what I think could work as the backdrop portraying as the m-element; simply a northern light spectacle except made spherical could work beautifully or perhaps if you could, find some way to combine the seven elements we have here into a spetacular display!

Keep Characteristics:
A great hall for partying
A kitchen for cooking
A dining room for dining
Secret passageways to "fun" places (maybe a dueling arena)
A library
A platform of land that it sits on to provide farm ground as well as other outdoor decors
I'm thinking more of a medieval fantasy style for the keep (not a Disney styled castle)
An inner courtyard with plenty of space for fountains and such
A trophy and art room
A few studies and bedrooms
And perhaps perhaps a servant or two

The End
And of course, thank you in advance, a double thanks to those who actually read it, and a triple thanks to those who take the time of their day to post a comment pertaining to this new idea whether it be criticism or praise!

May I ask as to where you learned, heard, found, etc. this piece of information? I find it intriguing and very interesting. If you could, please tell me where you learned, heard, found, etc. etc. this information. Or if you made it up that's fine. Thank You and Happy New Year.

Survivor
Jun 16, 2011
I don't like this idea... I LOVE IT! Amazing idea, i would love this house, its a perfect blob of the sun palace, epic bundle, celestial house, Moo shu house, and the grizzleheim house. I would absolutely positively buy this with money, or hopefully for gold, but since this is such an EPIC house idea, i think it should up the gold worth, probably 150,000 or 200,000 gold. If wizzy101 does publish this idea, i will know who came up with it. ALSO if they do publish it, i think you should be able to get a free one, gosh, you have an amazing brain. The servant should be like an interactive thing. Like lets make him afraid of mounts. You equip a mount and he runs away. You take it off, he walks up to you, scolds you, then offers you a drink. It will be a bit like the gorilla/genie thing, you press the X button, and you get a NEW pet snack, the fizzy pop (not in game, possibly could be) and some gold, or a reagent and a fizzy pop. But i don't want to mess up your idea, so do watcha want, this is an epic idea no matter what. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
servants?
just what type and how would those NPCs behave?

cook in kitchen
dust the shelves
water plants( you still have to care for)

would there be a choice of what kind of servant or
are you stuck with what ever is on the card?

this needs a little more work but i do like the idea.

Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
hobi wrote:
servants?
just what type and how would those NPCs behave?

cook in kitchen
dust the shelves
water plants( you still have to care for)

would there be a choice of what kind of servant or
are you stuck with what ever is on the card?

this needs a little more work but i do like the idea.

well of course it needs work, I can't think of everything!
I'd imagine you'd have a variety of servants to choose from, ranging from generic butlers who require a fine regular payment to school specific novices who are your "squires" who merely want to duel with you every so often and pay for school books and wands they accidentally broke when they sat on them after forgetting where they put them...

Champion
Mar 19, 2009
I like it, but the name, and anything having to do with Chinese elements can be removed.