Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Please Please Put in a "no teleport switch"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 09, 2008
Many times i have been in a battle in dragonspyre and had the boss i was fighting almost killed when a low level person i had friended because i helped them teleports in unexpectedly. This of course adds a fresh enemy to the battle. The new person then either flees because they didnt want to be in a battle or dies in the next round leaving me with exhausted resources and a fresh enemy. Then i lose the battle i would have otherwise completed successfully. This is very discouraging as some of these battles rage for 20 mins or more. That mean all that time was wasted all because some one teleported in.

Please Please Wizard - add a switch i can toggle to stop people from teleporting to me if i dont want to be disrupted.

other possible solutions :

Teleport default points - each section of each world have a special place where if you teleport to a friend that is there, you are put at that spot and must run the rest of the way to your friend or have them run to meet you, like a bus station stop.

Permission to join - each time some one wants to teleport to you you get a notification and can accept or deny it like you do a friendship.

Hide your online status - a switch to toggle wether or not your friends can see you are online

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
I agree with this. Make a "busy" tab, something like when you are playing mini-games.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
A busy tab would really help. :D
I hope they make one. :D

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
LadyEvelyn wrote:
Many times i have been in a battle in dragonspyre and had the boss i was fighting almost killed when a low level person i had friended because i helped them teleports in unexpectedly. This of course adds a fresh enemy to the battle. The new person then either flees because they didnt want to be in a battle or dies in the next round leaving me with exhausted resources and a fresh enemy. Then i lose the battle i would have otherwise completed successfully. This is very discouraging as some of these battles rage for 20 mins or more. That mean all that time was wasted all because some one teleported in.

Please Please Wizard - add a switch i can toggle to stop people from teleporting to me if i dont want to be disrupted.

other possible solutions :

Teleport default points - each section of each world have a special place where if you teleport to a friend that is there, you are put at that spot and must run the rest of the way to your friend or have them run to meet you, like a bus station stop.

Permission to join - each time some one wants to telleport to you you get a notification and can accept or deny it like you do a friendship.

Hide your online status - a switch to toggle weather or not your friends can see you are online

yes please please please add this button we need to have a way to tell menu only friend not to port without asking . All of my text friends know to ask me before porting , but it is so hurtful to have to remove my menu only friends for porting without asking, but it is what i have had to do

Explorer
Nov 23, 2008
I have to ask this too, the first poster here had some great ideas.
I've had tons of problems with "friends" porting to me while in battle, then fleeing! PLEASE help with this.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Some sort of pre-programmed status messages would be a nice addition, but I am more interested in a teleportation confirmation. Just as in friend requesting, if a friend attempts to teleport, one should be able to accept or deny the attempt.

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Delver
Sep 25, 2008
Another good idea is to add a button that shows the location of the world your friend is in, if they are in battle and what creatures they are battling if they are in a battle.

Sometimes I text my friends to help me, but that's a different story.

Also if someone wants to join your battle you either accept or deny, then it sends a sorry message if you deny them from joining. This only applies to friends , not people in the street as it is easier when people help you in the street.

Survivor
Mar 08, 2009
A toggle that allowed you to prevent people from teleporting to you in the middle of battle would be nice.

I remember helping a new player, and then telling them I did not want to friend them. In that case my myth wizard was going to try the labyrinth and I did not want someone teleporting to me uninvited into the open area boss fights.

I have also had a new player teleport to me in the middle of a normal fight and wand attack taking down a prism and feint. I was fighting with a fast deck and I had no more prism or feint cards. There was no way win at that point so I ended up fleeing. The player did not know about prism or feint (so I did not blame them) and they initially thought they were helping. However, they knew they had done something wrong when I told them we needed to flee immediately after their wand attack. I don't think that ended up being a happy memory for either of us.

While the current system has several merits, it does enable your friends (in particular newer players) to unintentionally grief you.

Survivor
Nov 02, 2008
I like the idea that when teleporting to a friend in battle, you come in standing to the side.

I had a friend do that to me twice, teleporting in and then leaving after another enemy already came in. I think that is so rude to at least not help finish the battle.

The first time I had it under control with lots of pips and power pips and a tempest card so I didn't mind. The second time I was in a bit of trouble so he left me in a bad situation. I immediately took him off my friend list.