Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Most usless spell given over lvl 20, and why?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Dec 25, 2008
Ok there are many useless spells out there like power play for instance costing 4 pips and helps the other team and many times doom and gloom can be very useless (other times not the case). I wanna hear what you have to think. Please post!
Sean Fireblood lvl 70 fire

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:
Ok there are many useless spells out there like power play for instance costing 4 pips and helps the other team and many times doom and gloom can be very useless (other times not the case). I wanna hear what you have to think. Please post!

I'm personally not a big fan of global spells even with my Fire and Myth wizards. I fight without them because they backfire way too easily (especially for my Balance )

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:
elemental dispel and spiritual dispel for pvp though they are good for pve.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
SEAN638 wrote:

The Taunt and Pacify Spells are pretty much useless, I never see anyone use them.
Besides those, I think Balance is really the only one with a useless spell like Power Play.

Joe.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Lion359 wrote:
SEAN638 wrote:

The Taunt and Pacify Spells are pretty much useless, I never see anyone use them.
Besides those, I think Balance is really the only one with a useless spell like Power Play.

Joe.

I use the 2 pip taunts/distracts on occasion with my Myth to exchange threat. But I do not use the Mega versions unless I'm at three or less pips. It just isn't worth it to me to use any more pips than that.

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
A long time ago I made a thread that doom and gloom should only affect the other team. So I agree with your doom and gloom idea.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Hm... I'd say Powerplay is worthless, Unbalance, and Precision. I never really wanted Powerplay, nor Precision. Never used either of those.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Power link. It's just a normal link but a little more powerful.

Mastermind
Sep 19, 2009
I'm going to ahve to say elemental minion because why pay 4 pips on a worthless minion when helpful mander is better. I also think power play is worthless along with persision, unbalance, and elemental and spiritual dispel, and the taunts.

Survivor
Feb 22, 2009

Most people don't know what these spells do or think they are unimportant. However, later on in the game you may realize a distraction is Just what you need! In comes taunt. for a specific scenario, an Ice taunts to take the heat while a Storm pacifies to build pips to hit with a high tempest or such.

-Ian StormStaff, Lvl 56 Diviner

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
Rihanna12 wrote:
A long time ago I made a thread that doom and gloom should only affect the other team. So I agree with your doom and gloom idea.

Rihanna12,

Remember, Doom and Gloom has been increased, and they lowered it's pip cost to only 2 pips. Now it can be spammed and used in the Aura war.
It still does not affect most of the Death spells, so Death can still heal under it, without any problem.
I think this has really helped Death, especially with the new Monster Spell. They can get huge heals under Doom and Gloom while the other players are only getting 35% (I think) of their heals.

Balance had gotten nothing changed, they are still stuck with several useless spells.

Happy new year,
Joe.

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I am a sorcerer and this is what really makes me mad. Elemental and Spiritual dispel are annoying, YET a lot of pips! 5 pips for a dispel that works for 1 round! and the regular one works for 1 round, BUT is 1 pip. It is USELESS.
I wish w101 would change this but I guess not.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2009
I would have to say taunt and pacify would be useless. Ive seen a lower level use pacify (im guessing she didnt know what it did and i didnt either until someone told me lol) and taunt does nothing in pvp and neither pacify.