Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Is WT overexperienced?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 14, 2008
What do you guys think? I have points on both sides of this argument so dont hate!
It isnt overexperienced: Higher lvl wizards need experience to lvl up.

It is overexperienced: For some of the quests that just have you talking to NPCs you can receive as much as 2000 exp.

So what do you guys think about WT experience wise?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
Since it is a side world I see no problems. There is beyond XP to spare in this game you will cap long before you finish.

Mastermind
May 31, 2009
My wizards stop questing when their leveling bar went away at level 60. I didnt turn in any quests after the Bar went away. I hung on to them. I just stop play. I would do things but not quests or turn in quests. When the leveling Bar returned I turned in all those stored quests, Plus finished the quests I didnt do when I stop questing. I have a storm that just completed all the worlds looking for any quests not done. He is now entering Zafaria. His level is 66 I have others at level 64 and so forth but they are still playing other places but not in Zafaria yet. I actually have not done any questing In zafaria. But will have to with my storm he has no other places to go.
So yes I expect storm will reach the top level cap before Zafaria is finished But will I do as before, store quests in book and not turn in? or just stop play? Dont know it depends what benefit is for him to continue. I look at XP after the bar goes away as wasted XP, Why waste it when you can use it later if the game expands and the Bar returns., after all you earned it.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I actually worked the experience in Wintertusk to my benefit, I worked at Celestia until level 55 then hopped over to Wintertusk to work toward the level 58 pet quest. Following the main story line only I reached level 58 right at the pet quest time. Going back to Celestia at level 58 also made it seem less stressful for me. I now also only have the 4 seals quest left in Wintertusk and if I want all the side quests. Back in Celestia I follow only the main story line now and head for Zafaria where I am sure I maybe very close to capped at to do. I don't save quests for when the bar comes back I feel if additions to cap or game appear it would just make the next cap happen faster.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
irishfanpro wrote:
What do you guys think? I have points on both sides of this argument so dont hate!
It isnt overexperienced: Higher lvl wizards need experience to lvl up.

It is overexperienced: For some of the quests that just have you talking to NPCs you can receive as much as 2000 exp.

So what do you guys think about WT experience wise?

With Grizzleheim itself being ridiculously low, I think the XP in Wintertusk is fair. It is not an easy area for everyone. Besides, you can early over 1,000XP in Marleybone by running around as well. :)