Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop/repetitive quests

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 04, 2009
I am SO tired of battling the SAME enemy, over and over, for a drop or for quests that can't be stacked. It happens in every world, but usually we can figure out how to stack the quests so there's less time spent beating on the same thing. Zafaria is a glaring exception.

I have 6 Legendary wizards. Storm is completely through the game. 3 others are through Celestia, 2 haven't started it (I leveled them all to 60 in Wintertusk). I dread even starting to finish my other wizards because I know what is coming - ENDLESS GRINDING in CL and ZF against enemies that spam tower shields (ice), stuns (ice and moon), earthquake and magician (myth).

I've played since 2009, and was an original member of Mercenaries for Hire. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game aside from the subscription for myself and my family. No disrespect to my husband and children, but they're easily amused - and they have stopped playing.

I don't appreciate boredom, which is what Wizard101 has become. Tedious. Excruciating. Let's hope further updates/releases are more entertaining and less of a trial of our patience.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
This happened once to me in MooShu:
Defeat Ronin Mutineer collect item x
Me: Okay
Defeats 2 Ronin Mutineers
Did not collect
Me: Dang. Okay here we go again.
Defeats 2 Ronin Mutineers
Did not collect
Me: Argh!!! I'll try again!!!
Defeat 2 Ronin Mutineers
Did not collect
Me: What!?!? I give up. I'll try again tomorrow.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Seeker411 wrote:
I am SO tired of battling the SAME enemy, over and over, for a drop or for quests that can't be stacked. It happens in every world, but usually we can figure out how to stack the quests so there's less time spent beating on the same thing. Zafaria is a glaring exception.

I have 6 Legendary wizards. Storm is completely through the game. 3 others are through Celestia, 2 haven't started it (I leveled them all to 60 in Wintertusk). I dread even starting to finish my other wizards because I know what is coming - ENDLESS GRINDING in CL and ZF against enemies that spam tower shields (ice), stuns (ice and moon), earthquake and magician (myth).

I've played since 2009, and was an original member of Mercenaries for Hire. I have spent hundreds of dollars on this game aside from the subscription for myself and my family. No disrespect to my husband and children, but they're easily amused - and they have stopped playing.

I don't appreciate boredom, which is what Wizard101 has become. Tedious. Excruciating. Let's hope further updates/releases are more entertaining and less of a trial of our patience.

I have been playing as a member since Feb 2009 and free to play for a little while before that. Granted there are some repetitive quests that can't be stacked, but I have also learned from experience with my first 2 wizards, not to stack them too close. All of mine are spread out through the spiral and have started a second account.

As to your husband and children no longer playing, just disable their accounts until they want to play again, or take over one of their accounts and use the wizard on it to assist you main ones.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2009
I could not agree more. In Zafaria you have to battle the fire lion ravages three times and it wouldn't be so bad if it was spread out but the quests are literally right next to each other. You defeat nine then go talk to someone then collect some fruit or something then collect staff pieces from them which took me FOREVER then you just have to do it again.

Now I know there are ways to make this semi enjoyable like find someone else that's doing the same thing then talk about how horrible it is. So I agree these quests are agonizingly long but i am just stating my feelings and don't want this to cause any disagreements.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
In 2 days time I battle over 126 Fire Lion Ravagers in the Savannah and now it looks like I am facing the same thing in Zamunda with Greyhorn Mercenaries and Longdreamer Shamans.

This is really getting old. I have never been so bored or frustrated playing this game. It would not be so bad if we were able to stack some of these quests instead of having to keep going back to them time after time.

And the "Did not Collect", "Did not Collect" so many times is really bad.

If I want to complete a badge for these, I would prefer to do it at my convenience as I have with many of the other badges. I have completed most badges on both of my Legendaries but I did it when I wanted to. The way this is set up, it is almost like being forced to do so.

KI, I really like this game, but the constant repetition is really getting out of hand here. It is becoming less enjoyable to play.