Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Command minion/henchmen through Menu chat

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
While we are in a battle, there's an option to use Battle Orders for specific people, such as asking them to heal a person, focus attacks or similar.

Why not let us use that to guide/control our henchmen and minions? Rather than being frustrated by our level 70 henchman AGAIN healing itself while you're holding on by the literal skin of your teeth, wouldn't it be lovely to just click "[Henchman], heal [me]!"?

It would also make minions that more useful by allowing us directing their attention to specific enemies, or to use specific spells (why not order that mander minion to buff you, rather than throwing scarabs at Ymir's sons?).

Not only would this vastly increase the odds that people would purchase a henchman in stressed battles, it would also make people a lot more interested in using their minions - spells that, currently, are extremely rarely, if ever, used outside of Krokotopia and the first areas of Marleybone.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:
While we are in a battle, there's an option to use Battle Orders for specific people, such as asking them to heal a person, focus attacks or similar.

Why not let us use that to guide/control our henchmen and minions? Rather than being frustrated by our level 70 henchman AGAIN healing itself while you're holding on by the literal skin of your teeth, wouldn't it be lovely to just click "[Henchman], heal [me]!"?

It would also make minions that more useful by allowing us directing their attention to specific enemies, or to use specific spells (why not order that mander minion to buff you, rather than throwing scarabs at Ymir's sons?).

Not only would this vastly increase the odds that people would purchase a henchman in stressed battles, it would also make people a lot more interested in using their minions - spells that, currently, are extremely rarely, if ever, used outside of Krokotopia and the first areas of Marleybone.

This would require re-coding every minion and henchmen. And would take the 'randomness' out of the game. I don't see this happening.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Bookshelvings wrote:

Yes, I agree that they should make something like this. But if you don't choose, will the minion just cast something random like normal and also, this could take up a lot of time on the countdown.