Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

50% Balance Shield needed!

AuthorMessage
Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111

Not exactly sure the relevance of your question. The Balance shield is needed in all aspects of PVP, be it 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, or even a 1v1.

Is there a set possible matchup that it might be needed more? Well, if you look at possible scenarios, then of course the answer would have to be a 4v4 match, since you could be facing 3 balance and say a fire, or even 4 Balance wizards.

Are you making a point in your question?
Am just saying its ridiculous to get a specific balance shield just to block judgement and Ra only, and there is already a tower shield. If people dont take advantage of getting a tower shield, a balance shield will get them moving? especially a shield that does take the same damage as a tower shield whats the point of that?. Unless you want people to make a combo shield 50- + 50-, one of the most weakest damage base schools needs another shield to balance the game? if they already got a shield to block balance there is no point for another one, and Ki would think the same too.

How is it ridiculous? If you were playing a 4v4 pvp match, anyone that attacks before balance would take out any tower shields. Balance using 1 blade and infallible can do some serious damage with an enchanted Ra... Just saying, it is now getting to the time, that balance becomes balanced and has to deal with a school specific shield like the rest of the schools.

If more damage to the spells is needed to compensate for this shield, I am sure KI will implement this.
I bet you five ninja pigs that this idea wont happen, and ill tell you why, First off we have Tower shields, secondly People aren't using them to there advantage so what makes you think they will train balance shield.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111

Not exactly sure the relevance of your question. The Balance shield is needed in all aspects of PVP, be it 4v4, 3v3, 2v2, or even a 1v1.

Is there a set possible matchup that it might be needed more? Well, if you look at possible scenarios, then of course the answer would have to be a 4v4 match, since you could be facing 3 balance and say a fire, or even 4 Balance wizards.

Am just saying its ridiculous to get a specific balance shield just to block judgement and Ra only, and there is already a tower shield. If people dont take advantage of getting a tower shield, a balance shield will get them moving? especially a shield that does take the same damage as a tower shield whats the point of that?. Unless you want people to make a combo shield 50- + 50-, one of the most weakest damage base schools needs another shield to balance the game? if they already got a shield to block balance there is no point for another one, and Ki would think the same too.

How is it ridiculous? If you were playing a 4v4 pvp match, anyone that attacks before balance would take out any tower shields. Balance using 1 blade and infallible can do some serious damage with an enchanted Ra... Just saying, it is now getting to the time, that balance becomes balanced and has to deal with a school specific shield like the rest of the schools.

If more damage to the spells is needed to compensate for this shield, I am sure KI will implement this.
I bet you five ninja pigs that this idea wont happen, and ill tell you why, First off we have Tower shields, secondly People aren't using them to there advantage so what makes you think they will train balance shield.

No, people may not train them and some might, which is the beauty of the whole thing. It helps bring balance and yet, does not make balance totally vulnerable or weak. If everyone trained in Every school shield and knew what schools they would face, PvP would be a lot harder than it is now. Imagine if everyone put up an 80% shield to your attacks.

Now, if you are Balance, at least, you only have to deal with a 50% shield, so they should consider themselves lucky.

Geographer
Aug 28, 2010
joujou11cool wrote:
I don't get anymore why people are thinking that this is such a bad idea. Are you having trouble on your Balance wizard? Storm and Life face much bigger situations, and yet we're complaining? Since when did you even use a Judgement in a 1v1? If you're a spammer, then this shield would be teaching you a lesson by practically saying,"Get strategy!"

This would end the whole 'Judgement is overpowered' story. You can already take off 30% off with armor piercing spells such as Infallible and Unstoppable, and then with the new wand that everyone is now farming for, a full 50% off! You would shake this shield off anyways! So why you're complaining I don't know. And I'm a Balance wizard, and I don't get challenges in PvP much.

Balance wizards that spam Judgement or that aren't good at Balance should just MOVE ON! People say that Balance loses mostly, and that's because many wizards aren't good at Balance! So the Balance Shield is realistic, and could be applied to the game. I understand that Ice isn't overpowered anymore thanks to Armor Piercing! :-D So, that's all you have to do Balance wizards, Armor Pierce is part of the game now, now use it!

joujou,

You make a good point, but let me state this, why would one be needed.?
KI looks at who's winning and who's losing, and changes the spells and gear based on that. If anyone looks at what they have done over the past three years you can clearly see that. I expect that the large number of complaints may add to that, but even these don't always get a change.

This is the way that I see it, and correct me as you need to.
1. Fire, it has zero problem with Shields, and has plenty of ways to take them off.
2. Ice, it does have Frostbite, and can remove them with no issue, no to mention it has TC Frost elf and Polar storm. I use Frostbite and ice elf, and towers or Ice shields just melt away for my white haired beast.
Plus if I need to kill a minion, I have Ice storm, and Snow angel, not a problem.
3. Myth, I got shatter, I got earthquake, I got attack over rounds, I got no problem with shields.
4. Death, my Death, who I was pvping tonight, has Posion, and when boosted can do real damage. It can also be used to remove shields and setup for Dr. Von's monster. Or I can just Skeleton Dragon, I got no problem with Shields. Not to mention that most Death are now carrying the Myth amulet for Shatter, Death Monitor and Earthquake.
5. My Storm, I got Storm Elf and my wand. Plus I keep in plenty of Storm Bats to remove the shields and do damage. I don't care if the shield is a -90, -80, -70, -50 or whatever, my storm Elf is going to remove it. Now, I don't plan on reshuffling, cause if I don't kill the other wizard by that time, I'm usually DOA anyways. My point is, TC shield remover for Storm is fine, cause I'm not going to run out of them, before someone is dancing.....
6. Life, every life I know uses the Myth amulet, have not run into one yet that doesn't use it. Shatter is used on a constant basis when I face Life.
Every time I see a life on the other side, I get this pain in my stomach, oh no, not another life. Blade, blade, blade, etc and thenShatter and the Nome (sp?), over and over. No wonder so many life Warlords are showing up.

So really, imo, 6 out of 7 Wizards have great options for shields, and can build up giant hits far beyond what the infamous Judge can do. They can remove shields, setup tri-traps, tri-blades, blades, etc, and take a balance out in one hit.

Now lets look at the one wizard that really does have an issue with shields, Balance. Any shield can shut down half of his/her spells, and they don't have any easy way to remove them. Yes, I see some that have the Myth Amulet, but beleive it or not, very few seem to have it.
I throw out a Volcanic shield, and I just shut down Spectral Blast and Hydra. I though out any spirit shield and I have shut down Chimera.
All they got left is judge, and that is exactly what I want them to do, drop down to zero pips. If I can get them in that state, I usually have them.
They pound me with Judge, and I heal it off for four pips, and finish blading, and they are in trouble. They only have a Heal-Over-rounds, so I know it's combo time, if I have them down a bit already.

Now, yes they have Judge for 1v1, but you can't blade it with a BB, case anyone is going to put up a -20, -25, -30, or -40 weakness on them before they can cast. Plus once a Tower goes up, your sunk, you gotta hope that you are setup for everything to try to remove the tower. Tell me how much side space you got in the side deck, for fast attacks, defense, heals, etc when you need to change gears.

All wizards have their Plus and Minus side, but if you agree that a Balance shield is needed, and it does get implimented, you have taken a wizard that can't even win a tourney, and shut it down completely.
With Each wizard you have to worry about something, Fire it's Power Link and Efreet, Myth it's Balisik, and a ton of other things, Storm their lighten attacks, Death's bladed huge drains, Life's killing dispells that build so quick, Ice's huge resist and high Life, etc, etc, but all that Balance has is their Balance spells are hard to defend against.

Finally, what does judge do at 9 pips, 900, and what does almost any other 9 pip spell do, 900 plus. Add to that, Balance can only blade twice (unless they bladestorm for a pips, now they are behind) in the three building rounds before it's fired. Any other school can put up at least three blades, maybe a 40, TC 40, and a TC 30 at no pip cost. No to mention that they can add more blades now in the next few rounds and shatter.

Balance on the other hand, +30, +30 and +20 is about the best your going to do.
So you got 254% boost for the 40/40/30.
You get a 202% boost for Balance, and this is about the Max they can do.

Point here is, I can keep boosting any school way above what Balance and Judge can do. Judge can hit for one solid impact and one Weakness is stuck on it's head, it loses all blades, notso with any other school.
Any other school can kill minions, and not lose their blades.
Any other school can add the Balance blade to their TC deck for even larger hits.
Myth, Ice, Storm all have Stun spells, for the combo, and can do far more damage than Judge. Plus you got no way to defend once they are started.
Balance has no attack over rounds, it has it's limitations.
It has no stun spells at all, and can only use TC, but that does no good in a combo.

No matter what way you look at it, Balance only has one advantage, it has Balance spells that are hard to defend against. Take this away, what special ability do they have...... not a thing, but all other schools still have theirs, and we have been nerfed completely.

So this is what I'm thinking,
Joe.

Mastermind
Jul 25, 2010
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111 wrote:
darthjt wrote:
watsupdog111

No, people may not train them and some might, which is the beauty of the whole thing. It helps bring balance and yet, does not make balance totally vulnerable or weak. If everyone trained in Every school shield and knew what schools they would face, PvP would be a lot harder than it is now. Imagine if everyone put up an 80% shield to your attacks.

Now, if you are Balance, at least, you only have to deal with a 50% shield, so they should consider themselves lucky.
If ki didn't make a balance shield before what makes you think they will make one now? For example: Triton is too powerful and they just decide to lower it. After all those years of balance not having a shield they just decide its the right time? it has been 4 years since the game came out and it would be ridiculous to add a shield, i mean if the game came out a year ago maybe, but 4 years is way too many. So that's one of the reasons why i don't see this happening.

Survivor
Aug 23, 2011
Champion
Apr 18, 2010
Balance is a far from the most powerful school. Balance really needs to stop being looked at as universal though, it's not! Balance is a combination of all the schools, not a school of unblockable damage and unboostable hits (our charms and wards are very misguiding.) Either add a balance shield (along with a 40% balance blade and a 30% bubble) or give balance universal damage boost (rather than balance specific boost) and change balance resist to universal resist along with criticals and block (oh, and removing unbalance.) I think the choice is obvious.