Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why in this world to i keep failing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 01, 2010
Ok i have tried over 70 time to get proof and defy on one pet i and everytime its fail fail fail fail fail fail its driving me crazy to the point where i wanna quit hatching please help i really dont know what to do :(

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
coolboy970 wrote:
Ok i have tried over 70 time to get proof and defy on one pet i and everytime its fail fail fail fail fail fail its driving me crazy to the point where i wanna quit hatching please help i really dont know what to do :(
hatch a pet that could learn defy originally and did, like magma colossus and hatch with another that has proof like sea dragon of hatch with someone who has both.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Okay here's how to get any ability:
1. Check if the pet can get the ability
2. Realize that the abilities of pets are absoulutely random and it may take a while to get it
3. If you are still determined, try hatching with a pet that already has these abilities. It will help your chances some.

Survivor
Jun 28, 2009
I feel your pain. I got a pet that had proof in the talent pool, got it to epic, and it got Fire-Giver. It had manifested Defy, MC Pierce, and MC Sprite.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
Unfortunately, pets can only manifest four out of ten talents. So it's quite possible that your hatched pets do have both skills, but they simply don't manifest for you...

All you can do is try and try again.

When the Test Realm is open, and you have had the pet for a while, you can "check" what talents your pet in question gets by training them in the Test Realm. Just keep in mind that hatching in the Test Realm does NOT indicate what the hatched pet will obtain of talents.