Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Why do Europeans pay more?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 23, 2008
Hi,
I wanted to know if anyone know why do Europeans pay more to play this game...
US players pay 10$ and we pay 10€ (approximately 13$) when we should, by converting the currencies pay around 7.5€, since 1$ = 0.764954 €, 10$ = 10*0.764954 = 7,64954 €...
if anyone could give me a proper explanation i would appreciate
Sorry for any misspelling

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Quemtedera wrote:
Hi,
I wanted to know if anyone know why do Europeans pay more to play this game...
US players pay 10$ and we pay 10€ (approximately 13$) when we should, by converting the currencies pay around 7.5€, since 1$ = 0.764954 €, 10$ = 10*0.764954 = 7,64954 €...
if anyone could give me a proper explanation i would appreciate
Sorry for any misspelling

It's not just this game, but nearly all MMO games developed, produced and sold from America.

One main reason is licensing agreements. Gameforge is the retailer for Wizard101 in Europe and adjusts prices accordingly. Same thing will happen when Wizard101 hits the Asian market. Taomee Holdings will set the price differently for China. Additionally, I believe the VAT (Value Added Tax) has some impact on prices, especially for Europe (but I don't know if Wizard101 is subjected to that). Finally, unless the game is bought exactly at US dollars it will never be the same price, as the exchange rate flucuates daily.

https://www.wizard101.com/game/announcements/2010august26

The flip side is usually true for Americans playing European and Asian based MMO games.

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
That sounds odd to me. I'm European as well, but all the prices I pay are in US dollars, and simply converted (I admit that I often check the exchange rate before buying crowns.. )...

Could it be because you use a credit card directly, rather than Paypal?