Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Intrest At The Bank

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 13, 2009
My idea is that you put a bank in the game in wysteria because it would fit in well for that world and so low level wizards would'nt get confused over it. The purpose of the Wizardly Bank (tell me if you like the name) is so that wizards can get intrest every week because a month is a long time. It helps us get money in new ways. The intrest level should raise about 1% every 5 levels you gain starting at level 20. (so thats about 11% intrest for level 70 wizards. Because this will be a new way of getting gold, you should make higher level items (in the future) be much more expensive making it hard for us to buy items. So that means you are going to have to raise the max gold to about 400,000 maybe more or less. And when this comes out put some very expensive items in the game. Every once in a while once its the day you get intrest, there could be a chance of getting items instead of gold but the items would have to be worth the gold you are getting. The items you get from it, you can only get through such as diamonds as a item instead of some of the gold. Add on to this idea or tell me if you want to change anything.

Defender
Jan 20, 2010
emc99 wrote:
My idea is that you put a bank in the game in wysteria because it would fit in well for that world and so low level wizards would'nt get confused over it. The purpose of the Wizardly Bank (tell me if you like the name) is so that wizards can get intrest every week because a month is a long time. It helps us get money in new ways. The intrest level should raise about 1% every 5 levels you gain starting at level 20. (so thats about 11% intrest for level 70 wizards. Because this will be a new way of getting gold, you should make higher level items (in the future) be much more expensive making it hard for us to buy items. So that means you are going to have to raise the max gold to about 400,000 maybe more or less. And when this comes out put some very expensive items in the game. Every once in a while once its the day you get intrest, there could be a chance of getting items instead of gold but the items would have to be worth the gold you are getting. The items you get from it, you can only get through such as diamonds as a item instead of some of the gold. Add on to this idea or tell me if you want to change anything.

As a lvl 70 why would i use it when i can go to Wintertusk, farm for an hour, and make 30,000 to 40,000 gold? the 11% interest per week is chump change by comparison.

Defender
Dec 23, 2009
pretty good idea but what about starting interest at lvl 30 and raising it 1% every ten levels. 11% is a bit much but still great idea

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
emc99 wrote:
maybe put it on marlybone instead of wysteria so it is easier to get to by a few more lower levels so more people can use it

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Not a good Idea. The main reason is that this would end up causing excess data that KI would have to be able to store on the severs and it could also develope the glitches that come up in other areas of the game. And as we have experienced a few days ago, it would just be something else to cause the servers to go down.

Also, as JinZah stated, you can farm certain areas and collect quite a bit of gold in a short time. Just depends on how much you want or need.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Wysteria is an optional world,as is Grizzleheim. Putting anything like this there isn't fair. And honestly, I don't think this is going to happen anyway; I don't think the programmers at KI are too worried about 'interest rates' for our gold. Let's let them do what they do best: add great new items and worlds to the game. :)

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
emc99 wrote:

It's just too confusing. Don't forget this game is rated 10+ and i'm pretty sure a 10 year old wouldn't understand all that. I understand that your probably trying to make the game more educational, but it's just too much. :?

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
Defender
May 13, 2009
JinZah wrote:
emc99 wrote:

As a lvl 70 why would i use it when i can go to Wintertusk, farm for an hour, and make 30,000 to 40,000 gold? the 11% interest per week is chump change by comparison.

It's a slow way of getting gold but you dont have to do anything to get the gold exept put some in the bank.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
goldendragon18 wrote:
Not a good Idea. The main reason is that this would end up causing excess data that KI would have to be able to store on the severs and it could also develope the glitches that come up in other areas of the game. And as we have experienced a few days ago, it would just be something else to cause the servers to go down.

Also, as JinZah stated, you can farm certain areas and collect quite a bit of gold in a short time. Just depends on how much you want or need.

I'm with this guy here. I don't know much about how banks work, but I do know that whenever you are given a loan you have to pay all the money you are loaned back at a later date. It is much easier to just go and farm a boss for an afternoon, and sell the stuff that you don't want. I also agree that this game is meant for children 10 and up, though I know a few that are younger that play. No offense, but I don't think that 10 year olds could understand the interest rate and banking thing. What 10 year olds can do, though, is go to the bazaar after an hour farming and compare prices on the new items they don't need.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
eggywig wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:

I'm with this guy here. I don't know much about how banks work, but I do know that whenever you are given a loan you have to pay all the money you are loaned back at a later date. It is much easier to just go and farm a boss for an afternoon, and sell the stuff that you don't want. I also agree that this game is meant for children 10 and up, though I know a few that are younger that play. No offense, but I don't think that 10 year olds could understand the interest rate and banking thing. What 10 year olds can do, though, is go to the bazaar after an hour farming and compare prices on the new items they don't need.

lol. I'm not a guy.

But your are right about the kids. They don't play to try to learn the basics of banking. They play to have fun. But they do understand more about this game than a lot of people give them credit for.

Survivor
Apr 12, 2009
Alexander5335 wrote:
emc99 wrote:

It's just too confusing. Don't forget this game is rated 10+ and i'm pretty sure a 10 year old wouldn't understand all that. I understand that your probably trying to make the game more educational, but it's just too much. :?
I understand it and i am one of those you speak of :P

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
It would cause clutter in the game, potential glitches, and frankly wouldn't be worth it. As people have already said, you can go to various places in the Spiral, and literally collect 50k in an hour or less... And that's including the time to walk to the Bazaar with your loot.

A bank also has the additional problem of messing with the gold-cap. We can at the moment carry 250k (or is it just 200k? - I forget), but having a bank would allow us to BREAK that gold-cap. Such as by putting 50k into the bank, then raid a few places until you have your gold-cap maxed again. Then take out the 50k from the bank.

Voila - game broken, and your gold now shows up as e5B^6, or -1.

Defender
Apr 19, 2010
sammy1191 wrote:
Alexander5335 wrote:
emc99 wrote:

I understand it and i am one of those you speak of :P

But that's from the point of veiw of yourself, not over 7 million kids. You may be more sophisticated than most of them too. :?