Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Hey life people going second? Help?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 07, 2010

Hey I have a question you all? How do you all fight going second? I am usually good in pvp. I down ranked allot and now a knight, but what do you do in this case. You are going second and you face a death. This guy put like 30 traps on me then saved up and used shatter, and had treasure blades, and regular blades? Then attacked with he new card I forget the name at the moment. Did like 10,000 damage. I have no response to that.

I joined the ranked pvp hoping I would face the same guy again, after I fixed my treasure card sideboard. Ironically I did get to face him again but went second again. I knew he was going to use the same strategy again and so I started out shielding a regular tower shield and I waited 5 more turns so I had 6 power pips. Then I cast a treasure earthquake and destroyed his treasure blades and so forth. Then he only had normal blades from that point on which made the battle easier.

I had to constantly watch his pips intensely. As he his he 7th turn and had full powerpips, I cast a treasure tower shield ever turn until he used shatter (this was a waste but all I could do to survive). Then I used gnomes on him and gave him a weak one and got 2 life dispels on him. By that time he built up power pips again and I had to waste another 4 tower shields till he cast shatter again. And he used the Frankenstein one again which did about 1800. I healed satyr and had full health again. I saved up while he was blading and used gnomes again. I tried to take his healing out of the game. I cast a life bubble to heal in case he attacked, it would only benefit me since he could not heal with the life dispels on him. Then I saved up pips and used another earthquake to get rid of his shields and blade. ( I do not have the myth amulet). He ended up casting his card again and did about 3200 damage leaving me with 250 hit points. He wand attacked me almost killing me, but then I healed with a satyr and it ended up criticaling, giving me full health again. Meanwhile, while all this was going on I would occasionally blade up or place a trap on him. I used my forth earthquake of the match on him to take out his blades and shields he kept placing on himself. He waited for turns to use a reshuffle, while I had 2 pips and had about 6 power pips total. I waited one more turn while he shielded again, then I used shatter of my own from my amulet and finished him off with another gnomes. I did end up winning the rematch going second but I wasted about 24 treasure cards. Isn't that a little extreme to have to use that many to win going second? Which an estimate would be about 30k in gold. He cussed me out and called me a treasure noob and a healing noob, then left the match. That is funny to me because he was using treasure cards to beat the the whole time and the first match.

So how would you all deal with going second and someone using the shatter strategy? Is there any way to deal with it? I mean it is cheap to win how I won and if I did not have treasure cards there would have been no way I would have won going second. But I fail to see and alternate method to being him other than what I did. I would have had no clue he was going to do that had I had not lost to him prior in the first battle. This leaves me to another question. How do you prepare for this? Do I go out and train a myth dispel or find a myth dispel treasure card to use in pvp? So I am am confused. Any insight would be helpful.

Blake NightWraith