Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Spritely Spell Casting Issue

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 27, 2009
Hello, everyone!
I have a little problem... I have a pet that has the 'May cast Spritely' spell but it never casts it!

Here's my pets stats:
Strength: 144/240
Intellect: 118/215
Agility: 250/250
Will: 215/215
Power: 200/200

My pet learned Spritely on it's first level up. (Teen)
Current Level: Ancient

And yes, I know it counts towards Agility, Will, and Power.

But first of all, if you know how to calculate the percentage of the Spritely
cast, please tell me.

If you can't answer that, at least notify me how I can get it to cast Spritely more often.

I've been told several times In-game that if you say Good boy/girl, it'll increase the percentage. And the Spritely percentage at start is 10%.

Please tell me how to make it cast for the first time!!

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
fart10101 wrote:
Hello, everyone!
I have a little problem... I have a pet that has the 'May cast Spritely' spell but it never casts it!

Here's my pets stats:

cast, please tell me.

If you can't answer that, at least notify me how I can get it to cast Spritely more often.

I've been told several times In-game that if you say Good boy/girl, it'll increase the percentage. And the Spritely percentage at start is 10%.

your pet casting spritely is entirely random. However, they seem to be triggered more often if you have no shields up.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
fart10101 wrote:

This is false. You cannot increase the chances of Spritely casts. Just like determining who goes first, what drops you receive from bosses and what you get from feeding your pets is all random. Some times your pet will cast four times in row in a single duel, other times it will go 25 duels without a single cast.

Out of all the "may cast" talents your pet can cast, Spritely will certainly cast more than the others.

If you are comparing the rate of a brand new pet, to the rate of a pet from earlier this year, there might be a possibility of a lower overall percentage (a hidden nerf?), but that is speculation on my part and many other people would have commented on that by now if it were true. However, there is no way for you to increase your chances of your pet casting Spritely within the duel itself.

While there is a percentage associated with Spritely, to my knowledge, this has not been revealed to the player base. So the 10% that people are telling you may not be correct.

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Thank you guys for participating in replying to my problem.

When I went back on today, my pet now seems to be casting WAY more... I don't know why though... However, I am VERY greatful.

Delver
Apr 12, 2011
the trigger for spritely is usually an all attack that does reasonably high damage or an attack on you but that helps with it using it more this will not happen all the time but that seems to be the trigger other than that is random

Delver
Feb 16, 2010
Some things that may help are to finish training your pet to maximum on all the stats, not just the last three. You don't mention your wizard's level, but even at low level's a wand attack by you or even someone next to you will often trigger the sprite. Global attacks either given (even cast by someone else in your group) or recieved also frequently trigger the sprite.

Your stats for your pet aren't bad, but you might also look for a pet to hatch with that has a bit higher power. Power is the one stat that effects all the other categories of stats, so getting it as high as you can is a good idea.

Good luck!

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
fart10101 wrote:
Hello, everyone!

Here's my pets stats:

cast, please tell me.

Spritlely often triggers when a spell that attacks all enemies is used.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
kingurz wrote:
fart10101 wrote:

This is false. You cannot increase the chances of Spritely casts. Just like determining who goes first, what drops you receive from bosses and what you get from feeding your pets is all random. Some times your pet will cast four times in row in a single duel, other times it will go 25 duels without a single cast.

Out of all the "may cast" talents your pet can cast, Spritely will certainly cast more than the others.

If you are comparing the rate of a brand new pet, to the rate of a pet from earlier this year, there might be a possibility of a lower overall percentage (a hidden nerf?), but that is speculation on my part and many other people would have commented on that by now if it were true. However, there is no way for you to increase your chances of your pet casting Spritely within the duel itself.

While there is a percentage associated with Spritely, to my knowledge, this has not been revealed to the player base. So the 10% that people are telling you may not be correct.

This is False!

Most people obviously do not realize this.

A pet with maxed stats of 250 Agility, 250 Will, and 250 power will have a higher chance to cast it's spell than a pet with say 200 Agility, 200 Will, and 200 power.

The proof is in the pudding, simply get a pet with high stats in Agility, Will, and Power that has spritely, then get a pet with low stats that has spritely.

The difference in how much they will cast the spell, is night and day.

Higher stats Does mean a higher chance to cast the spell.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
darthjt wrote:
kingurz wrote:
fart10101 wrote:

This is False!

Most people obviously do not realize this.

A pet with maxed stats of 250 Agility, 250 Will, and 250 power will have a higher chance to cast it's spell than a pet with say 200 Agility, 200 Will, and 200 power.

The proof is in the pudding, simply get a pet with high stats in Agility, Will, and Power that has spritely, then get a pet with low stats that has spritely.

The difference in how much they will cast the spell, is night and day.

Higher stats Does mean a higher chance to cast the spell.

You didn't read my post very well did you? You missed the part where I said:

kingurz wrote:
However, there is no way for you to increase your chances of your pet casting Spritely within the duel itself.

Since the point of the post was people increasing Spritely casts by saying Good Boy to their pets or jumping up and down three times or wanding sideways.

Even with your information above, that is speculation and has not been proven. Even the original poster has seen a dramatic increase in spritely casts and did none of the above as you stated. Resists and other stats have been tied directly to maxed pet stats, but increased pet casts have not (at least not yet). If I'm mistaken, please direct me to the research/conclusion link on these forums or Central.

According to KI the following stats result in the following actions:

Strength: Affects damage, pip chance, resistances, and the cost to cheer while swimming

Intellect: Affects mana, accuracy, pip chance, and the cost to cheer while running on clay

Agility: Affects health, accuracy, resistance, and the cost to cheer while running in grass

Will: Affects health, mana, damage, and the cost to cheer while running in dirt

Power: Affects most statistics and determines your pet's maximum Morale for Derby

None of them mention anything about increasing casting chances. As someone once said on Central, "May Cast is exactly that, it may cast or it may not." The proof is not in the pudding considering my level 58 pets with higher stats cast Spritely less often than my teen Fierce Hound).

Until the opposite is proven, let's not add to the rumor mill. Again, if I am truly false, then please show me where to find the correct information.

EDIT: corrected my recent scenario of pets casting spritely.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Correction to my post above. My teen Fierce Hound on average out "Spritelys" my ancient Ice Wyvern and Epic Phoenix. I received Spritely on the first level up with my Fierce Hound, not at baby obviously .