Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stealing Shields?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Feb 03, 2009
I just did a match where my opponent "stole" my tower shield twice and also a Spirit Armor all on three separate occasions during our match. He cast a spell and my shield went from me to him.

What spell is this?

Defender
Dec 31, 2008
It is called Steal Ward, and is an Ice school spell (one of my favorites ). Fire has a similar one called Steal Charm that lets them take your blades away and put them on themselves . They cant be bought as treasure cards at the library, but if you have a friend in either of those schools you can ask them to make you some using Keen Eye cards you provide....

Defender
Feb 18, 2009
susume wrote:
It is called Steal Ward, and is an Ice school spell (one of my favorites ). Fire has a similar one called Steal Charm that lets them take your blades away and put them on themselves . They cant be bought as treasure cards at the library, but if you have a friend in either of those schools you can ask them to make you some using Keen Eye cards you provide....

Just to add to this, I too love this ability. I didn't get it until I finished playing through ALL of the world of Wizard City (except Sunken City, alas my Unicorn I can not catch) to which Professor Ambrose gave it to me. It has come quite in handy so far in the next world of Krokotopia. The only problem that I find with it is it is a timing issue. You cannot steal what is not there. The enemies always seem to use their "spinners" (as I call them) before I can get them. But when I do have that chance, I try to get them

Hunter SilverHeart

Mastermind
Oct 17, 2008
gnreno3 wrote:
susume wrote:

Just to add to this, I too love this ability. I didn't get it until I finished playing through ALL of the world of Wizard City (except Sunken City, alas my Unicorn I can not catch) to which Professor Ambrose gave it to me. It has come quite in handy so far in the next world of Krokotopia. The only problem that I find with it is it is a timing issue. You cannot steal what is not there. The enemies always seem to use their "spinners" (as I call them) before I can get them. But when I do have that chance, I try to get them

Hunter SilverHeart

I think you're wrong. Don't you get Steal Ward during a quest in Krokotopia?

Just so you know, Steal Ward is one of my favorite spells. I use it quite a lot, especially if the opponent is life and they have a Spirit Armor.

Survivor
Sep 01, 2008
i have a wizard that has stael ward its great better if you steal an absorb shield :-D

Survivor
Mar 28, 2009
susume wrote:

Actually thats incorrect. All the schools get it. You get the spell after you
reunite the order of the fang.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
MoonDragn wrote:
susume wrote:

Actually thats incorrect. All the schools get it. You get the spell after you
reunite the order of the fang.

well this is wrong. i made it to DRAGONSPYRE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. I'm life, my death friend, and my fire friends didnt get it when they reunited the order. My friend who is ice, however, DID learn this spell. So, like dryad is a life only spell (yay i am life :-) ), this is ice only.

Explorer
Mar 14, 2009
Dridsuzy wrote:
I just did a match where my opponent "stole" my tower shield twice and also a Spirit Armor all on three separate occasions during our match. He cast a spell and my shield went from me to him.

What spell is this?

you get that spell in kroktopia but you have to be an ice student so when ever my oppent casts the absorb armer i can just easily steal it but sometimes it dosent work :-(