Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Angry about Stitching

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2010
Wow, I really lose the hat, shoes, ect. that is the one with the good stats. What if I want that one too. I start out with two things, i pay crowns, and end up with one thing, how does that make sense?

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
The idea is that you can take an ugly-looking item with good stats and put those stats onto a different set of gear (for instance if you, like me and many others, like to combine pieces of gear that aren't from a "set" (I use looks of the raven boots with a level 20 armour and a level 55 hat, for instance).

If you wanted to keep the gear you are stitching onto, you shouldn't have stitched anything onto it in the first place (and the game warns you that you'll lose the gear, in huge bold letters), or, alternatively, gotten an extra set. Most of the gear, up until Zafaria, can either be gotten as "blank" sets or purchased in the bazaar.

The entire concept makes sense, as you "stitch" the stats of one set of gear "onto" another set. Or, in in-game terms; you're shredding one piece of gear, losing the magic within, and stitching it back together on top of another piece of gear. That way, you cover up the looks of the second piece of gear, while keeping the looks of the first piece of gear - at the cost of the first piece of gear (and the looks of the second).

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
loganrobertson321 wrote:
Wow, I really lose the hat, shoes, ect. that is the one with the good stats. What if I want that one too. I start out with two things, i pay crowns, and end up with one thing, how does that make sense?

The idea of stitch is first you have decided you like the stats on that ugly outfit but you have another out fit you like the look of better. I stitch now and then so take the stats from one item, usually the one I would not wear and stitch it to the item I like to wear. If you have multiple items with stats in you pack that you like this routine is not for you. On a side note I tend to stitch to lower level gear so losing stats have never been a problem for me. So one window is the stat gear you want and the other window is the appearance you want those stats to have.

Hero
Jul 27, 2009
i agree with the last two players.

i find a piece i like i try and s\get a second set so can put it on a mannequin and place in my house in the room of respect and honor.

this way i can keep the awesome looking outfits and still get those stats on an out fit i really like.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
loganrobertson321 wrote:

i posted that they should let us stich and keep the stats and add to other stats

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
You should um... read what it's going to do. It says appearance and stats.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2009
lordcoates wrote:
loganrobertson321 wrote:

i posted that they should let us stich and keep the stats and add to other stats

I was thinking that too

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Have you ever sewn something? If you take a pair of pants and sew it with a different pair of pants to make a different pair of pants, you do not get the orginal pants. Same thing here, the two items are sewn together but you use the material from both items, so nothing is left (except maybe some scrap pieces, but those are usually just little snip bits and small strips.)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
lordcoates wrote:

That is not going to happen.