Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disarm should be free

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
So, I've been thinking about it a lot... Disarm ought to cost 0 pips. It was fine and dandy for it to cost a pip when cleanse ward cost a pip... however, that hasn't been the case since wintertusk. In my opinion, disarm ought to be 0 pips because, lets face it, feint is far more dangerous than a single blade. Just my two cents... thought I'd pass it on.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
So, I've been thinking about it a lot... Disarm ought to cost 0 pips. It was fine and dandy for it to cost a pip when cleanse ward cost a pip... however, that hasn't been the case since wintertusk. In my opinion, disarm ought to be 0 pips because, lets face it, feint is far more dangerous than a single blade. Just my two cents... thought I'd pass it on.

That is still the primary reason why I never use that spell. 1 pip is still way too much for me. The only time I find that spell useful is removing Supercharge (since Supercharge can be far more dangerous than Feint).

It's odd that Pierce is now 0 pips, but disarm is still 1 pip.

Armiger
May 10, 2010
I totally agree, Disarm should be 0 pips, if it was, it would totally bring that spell and talent on pets back to being worth it.

Thanks for the post, hope KI does change it.

Squire
Apr 11, 2010
Wait a second, wasn't it going to be free just like pierce when WinterTusk was released? That idea was scrapped? It still costs a pip for diviners to cast disarm? o,o;

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
CorbinW wrote:
Wait a second, wasn't it going to be free just like pierce when WinterTusk was released? That idea was scrapped? It still costs a pip for diviners to cast disarm? o,o;

Yep, it does. Lame right?

Armiger
May 10, 2010
CorbinW wrote:

Nope, Disarm was never changed at anytime, just pierce.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
While I'm on the topic, I also think storm should get a 3 pip spell, tentatively called either "disband" or "neutralize", which drops all positive charms from one target.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
I think the pip cost difference is because technically charms are stronger and in a way more versatile than wards.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
AkihiroHattori5 wrote:
I think the pip cost difference is because technically charms are stronger and in a way more versatile than wards.

It isn't justified. Consider this... the strongest boost in the game is a feint. *Poof* Removed for no pips with a cleanse ward. A -90% charm from Efreet... *Poof* zero pips again with a cleanse charm. A full 14 pip frozen armor (2450 points of protection)... *Poof* zero pips with a pierce. Now, pierce and cleanse ward both used to have a pip cost. They don't anymore. I believe that at one point, cleanse charm had a pip cost as well but it doesn't either. Why is every "remover" spell except disarm zero pips?

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:
While I'm on the topic, I also think storm should get a 3 pip spell, tentatively called either "disband" or "neutralize", which drops all positive charms from one target.

With the trend in recent spells, seems Storm spells are doing this in conjunction with damage attacks (Leviathan, Sirens). I guess each new attack will add another disarm to the spell??? Eventually we'll have 6 or 7 disarms attached to the spell (sorta like a remove all postives, unless someone is stacking like crazy).

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
kingurz wrote:
gtarhannon wrote:

With the trend in recent spells, seems Storm spells are doing this in conjunction with damage attacks (Leviathan, Sirens). I guess each new attack will add another disarm to the spell??? Eventually we'll have 6 or 7 disarms attached to the spell (sorta like a remove all postives, unless someone is stacking like crazy).

This is really a candidate for the next set of utility spells. You see a tremendous amount of comments about how ice doesn't deal small damage and then when you tell them to use disarm to keep blades off, they complain about the elemental blade since the ice on is the blade. They're right however, its obnoxious, particularly so because disarm costs pips. Therefore, this proposed spell is the storm equivalent to myth's shatter and gives them a very good tactical option. Honestly, at only three pips, it may even turn the tables completely in Storm's favor... but we'd have to see during its use. It would certainly cut down on their vulnerability to huge damage DoT spells. Actually, given that it would likely be available in treasure as well, it would really give everyone an option for huge damage DoT spells.

Illuminator
Feb 09, 2009
gtarhannon wrote:

That sounds like a good idea. I think KI should add another bunch of utility spells to the game and not make them exclusive to some random side world.