Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blocking Text Chat from Spectators.

AuthorMessage
Delver
Aug 15, 2009
Well is very annoying we have to listen to players who are watching the duels.

Yes we have an ignore feature, but do we have to ignore every single living thing? If there was another feature added were we could block the spectators text chats, it will help against cyber-bullying and pvp players could consecrate better on their battle.

Is just a suggestion, maybe this will help eliminate unnecessary reports.

Delver
Jul 09, 2009
Daviato wrote:
Well is very annoying we have to listen to players who are watching the duels.

Yes we have an ignore feature, but do we have to ignore every single living thing? If there was another feature added were we could block the spectators text chats, it will help against cyber-bullying and pvp players could consecrate better on their battle.

Is just a suggestion, maybe this will help eliminate unnecessary reports.

True, I hate have spectators talk during a match. Not always, but most of the time because nothing but trash talk comes out of their mouths. I can't PvP if so many people are talking trash to me or about me. Its cyber-bullying and reporting doesn't do any good. You can report, its rare someone gets muted, suspended, or banned. The only time I saw someone get banned was when I reported them for being, but the player was a non-subscribed player.
Kingsisle you have to ban people if they do wrong things even if they are subscribed or not.

Aaron Drakewalker Transcended Pyromancer

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
it would be nice because in a 4v4 practice so many people talked i couldnt heal a friend because there were to many chat bubbles blocking it. but if you hit left mouse button then wait a second it goes away. problem is i didnt do it in time.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
hanable33 wrote:
it would be nice because in a 4v4 practice so many people talked i couldnt heal a friend because there were to many chat bubbles blocking it. but if you hit left mouse button then wait a second it goes away. problem is i didnt do it in time.

There IS an option to turn chat bubbles off. Just go into options [esc] and turn them off. Then you an only read the chat log.

Survivor
Jul 28, 2010
Yes I agree, I was dueling in a ranked PVP match on my transcended death wizard. So at the beginning of the match some random person, (I don't know if they were a friend of my opponent of not) just yells out my school to my opponent and says it should be easy. I tried really hard but it what they said came true and I lost. Even though i was a private and they were much higher ranked I really felt down about losing. A lot of wizards are nice but there are some wizards that will always be rude. :-(

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
I'm a text chatter (I don't have open)! Why do you have to do this?! o:

Caroline Sunbright level 70 life