Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Death school

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 08, 2009
I am running death school. I have training points left, and I need to know what to spend it on. I am level 24 for now.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
You could train part in life for healing, just in case, or the absorb shield.

Probably a really good way to go is train Ice school for the Tower shield, if not already done so.

Balance school for Spirit Trap/Blade would probably be really nice for Death.

If you can not decide, simply wait until later. Just remember to think in terms of "what other school/spells would make my gameplay easier/better/more fun for me?"

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
e4e5nc3 wrote:
I am running death school. I have training points left, and I need to know what to spend it on. I am level 24 for now.

I suggest you conserve them for other school spells that will enhance your death school spells such as Balance blade and maybe trap, wait till higher level and train in astral schools such as Sun. Nothing worse then getting to higher level and finding you don't have enough for some spells that would really power up your school ones.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
storm, storm, and storm. did i mention storm? I'm ice, but storm has saved me more times than i can count.I'm not gonna spoil anything, but lets just say tough times are ahead, and you'll need some powerful cards in your deck.

Champion
Jul 30, 2010
e4e5nc3 wrote:
myth that way you can train deadly minotaur mutates once you get to cl it is extremely useful. trust me i have one

Survivor
May 18, 2010
use your points to get a tower shield then get the other 80% shields in the fairgrounds of wizard city for bosses. I really see no use for having a secondary school

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
In roughly the order I'd reccomend (for any wizard of any school). Note that my primary recomendation for any wizard is to "stay true to their school" -- they'll do the most damage that way.

Every wizard should learn the sun damage spells. Period, end of story. Since you can only use one sun spell at a time on a card, the accuracy spells are for the most part, a waste of time.

For most wizards (other than balance) Life (up to satyr) is a soild choice.

If you're having problems defeating monsters in one hit, Ice (up to tower shield) can be helpful.

Some people find the 3-way traps/blades of balance (life/death/myth and fire/storm/ice). You also don't have to learn any unwanted spells beforehand to learn them. Personally I haven't bothered to learn them, as I'm able to one-hit allmost everything in game just with the blades/traps from my school/gear (and my primary wizard is Ice too). Additonally the one card every wizard should learn (reshuffle) is in Balance.

The Star school (auras), can be helpful, but you can only use one at a time. Since they don't have prerequisites, you can just learn the one(s) you want. Personally I'd reccomend the damage one and/or the accuracy one if you have low accuracy or just having an unlucky day. Vengenace (critcal) just seems like a waste of time to me -- most the "regular" monsters you can defeat in one hit without it, and the bosses will usually block the critical, even with it.

Some people like to have Feint from death. Personally, I think its too expensive in terms of training points (7) with at least 5 spells you'll never use.

If you don't have a damage over time spell, Fire (to fire elf) is a cheap and possibly well spent investment (especally for bosses like Belloq).

Storm may seem like a good choice because of the damage, but I wouldn't reccomend it. If you stay "true to your school", with proper deck/gear design you should be able to do more damage with your own school than you could do with Storm, and for less pips too.

Myth I would not recommend to anyone as secondary school. There just are not any good spells for a non-myth wizard.

Moon spells are really only for fun. You lose all of your gear bonuses etc when you polymorph.

Survivor
Dec 08, 2008
e4e5nc3 wrote:

Hello my name is Katie Deathspear and I'm a Magus Necromancer (leve 38) and my second school is the life school mainly for healing but also because the two schools are opposits.

Defender
Jul 13, 2009
I think that we're probably just confusing people more on secondary schools with these threads, but i chose my death (level 33) to have life as her secondary and she isn't having much trouble anywhere. Storm could be a good school because your feint will boost those spells a lot, but when you get into high levels you're just going to waste your power pips on the spells that arent in your school. Balance is good if you want weakness and balance blade, ice works if you want shields, it just depends on your way of playing the game. My main character is storm, so I' used to my way of attacking first and shielding later, meaning ice probably wouldn't be my chioce. It is different for everyone. All things considered, life can be a good default choice, everyone needs healing eventually.

Amber Stormsong level 58 Diviner

Survivor
Nov 03, 2009
Here this is what I actually did kid. I am level 70 necromancer. (death) I would train ice for the tower shield. Then you will still have points left over. Wait until you get to celestia. Then buy your star sun and moon spells :D I hope this helped you very very very super duper much. :D For your support.

Yours Truly,
Hunter

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:
storm, storm, and storm. did i mention storm? I'm ice, but storm has saved me more times than i can count.I'm not gonna spoil anything, but lets just say tough times are ahead, and you'll need some powerful cards in your deck.

The fizzle rate on storm spells does not really mean it's the best to pair with you main school, unless you can start to get accuracy for them. I am a level 61 Death wizard, save you points, later on you will want them. Don't become and death/life wizard waiting for the pips when you can get all power ones will be a waste unless you buy the amulet and really you have a heal spell you can share if needed in pinch, in all my wizards death fighting death monsters has been my easiest to do. My death wizard has all her points and I spend 1 on the balance blade and work my way to colossus so I can boost scare crow or wraith, this move costs 5 training points. Working my way up I find death with the steal health spells is truly the best bonus we have to solo most all the game if need be. Learn gear and deck construction and you will ace things all the way.

Survivor
Nov 16, 2010
A+ Student
Dec 11, 2010
lucario37 wrote:
where do you get balance blade if your not balance

ya cant learn balance blade

if ya mean the triple blade(s) then go to niles in kt

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
lucario37 wrote:

From a treasure card, item card, or a pet.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lucario37 wrote:

Any one can get these blades, you have to take the boat ride when you get into Krock Land he is the tree on that island.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
brickhead12 wrote:

That is nice to hear because the last message board everyone was complaining that storm is too powerful

GraceStormGem

Storm

Diviner

Lvl 30