Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Getting training points back.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 13, 2010
I am currently a lvl 55 balance wizard. I had chosen storm to be my secondary school. I realized by lvl 45 that this was a mistake. I can barely ever use the spells and they fizzle so often. To buy all of my training points back it is going to cost 4,900 crowns! That's almost ten dollars. I know the game is a business but i think that is an outrageous price. There should be another way to get them back.

Administrator
This is the discussion of Time vs Crowns.

You can either spend the Time to create a new character with new secondary spells or you can spend the Crowns to reset those spells on your current character.

The more Training points you have spent, the more Crowns are required to get them back, or the more time it would take to earn them on a new character.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
Jun 11, 2010
If you don't like Storm's accuracy, then wait till Celestia, there you can choose Sun school and get spells that will boost your accuracy big time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Orangedude21 wrote:
I am currently a lvl 55 balance wizard. I had chosen storm to be my secondary school. I realized by lvl 45 that this was a mistake. I can barely ever use the spells and they fizzle so often. To buy all of my training points back it is going to cost 4,900 crowns! That's almost ten dollars. I know the game is a business but i think that is an outrageous price. There should be another way to get them back.

Personally with my first wizard I went with some balance spells and death to feint, I also went for the balance blade, when power pips became more important to me I dropped the other school spells and really only use feint and the blade now out of life school. I have enough training points still to buy important other spells if needed altho I don't really have any plans to. In short don't worry about buying back anything you may not need the points for. I am pretty much a true Life wizard and have been able to play fine. None of the other wizards I created for each of the other schools is taking any secondary school accept for ones that will enhance what they already have and so far that has worked out well also.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Orangedude21 wrote:

This issue has been brought up in the past. KI has given us free stuff in the past but this is not going to be one of them..... This is one of those areas where we learn by out mistakes.

A few days ago I bought back all the training points for 4 of my wizards. 2 of those wizards were Legendaries and the buy back for just those 2 was over 11,500 crowns total. The other 2 totaled 4,800.

As Professor Greyrose said, you can start a new wizard.

If you want to start a new one in your current school, I would suggest you do so before deleting the one you have so you can transfer everything to the new one. You can trade anything that does not tell you NO TRADE.