Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

stormzilla?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jul 06, 2011
Have you noticed that stormzilla is the only level 42 spell (besides life) which costs 5 pips?
fire: helephant
myth: earthquake
balance: hydra
ice: colossus
death: wraith
all of them cost 6 pips except for storm. why is this? i thought storm was strong enough already, but now their last damage spell costs less pips.
Is storm just better than the other schools? Or is it triton which is 6 pips, but is stronger than stormzill, yet you learn it first. Is storm favored?
please reply 8)
p.s. storm wizards don't take this the wrong way. Acctually, stormzilla is my favorite spell.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:
Have you noticed that stormzilla is the only level 42 spell (besides life) which costs 5 pips?
all of them cost 6 pips except for storm. why is this? i thought storm was strong enough already, but now their last damage spell costs less pips.
Is storm just better than the other schools? Or is it triton which is 6 pips, but is stronger than stormzill, yet you learn it first. Is storm favored?
please reply 8)
p.s. storm wizards don't take this the wrong way. Acctually, stormzilla is my favorite spell.

Yes. I have noticed. I had always assumed that the reason lies in those who train in storm as a secondary, rather than a primary school.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:
please reply 8)

Storm wizards need the edge of a heavy hits due to low health and accuracy, my storm wizard early on would some times fizzle three times in a row in a fight and die waiting for something to cast. As you advance you can work on the stats to improve this making game play a bit easier. Each school has it's own advantage and disadvantage and I found it's all how you work it on how powerful your wizard can become no matter what school you choose.

Survivor
Aug 15, 2011
Hello?!? are you people complaining about having to use 5 pips instead of 6! we are storm! we are the most powerful school! you would want less wouldnt you?!? i promise you there is a storm lord that takes 7 pips and you are complaing on the highest school have less pips!!!???

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
I'm a Storm Wizard. And I have noticed it. We are the Tankers of the game and we most def aren't favored. We have low health and Accuracy. Everything adds up I presume. My best guess to why stormzilla is a 5 pip spell would be other primary based schools use storm as a secondary class and that Primary based storm wizards have low accuracy so they didn't want it costing a high pip card. I know one pip could make a difference in a battle but still it's just one pip less. :)

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
brickhead12 wrote:
please reply 8)

Because they get Triton at level 38 and it does more damage and costs 6 pips.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Ok, the solution to this is because Storm wizards get the Triton spell at level 38 for a quest and it costs 6 pips and does a lot more damage.

Delver
Aug 15, 2009
This is ridiculous!! Now Stormzilla is being complain! Whats next Stormbats?

I was reading another post of Kraken, and now I found Stormzilla...

Geez people have anything to do than complain about Storm??

Storm is the worst school for pvp and top of that you guys already have Storm damage and power and still want Storm to have lower damage??

Comparing Ice or Fire to Storm, Storm spell will have more damage that's was it main specialty.

Now Fire, does far more damage than Storm with Rain of Fire. Sirens is the weakest high rank spell ever. Yet you guys want to lower the damage of our others spell.

I don't see anyone complain about that!

We Diviners had enough of these foolishness...

Explorer
Sep 14, 2009
Storm is designed that way because they have pretty low health when they first start, so they have the heavy damage spells to make up for that. Storm isn't favored, it's just KI's way of balancing the schools out.

-Madison Silverblade
Fire wizard level 53