Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Secondary Schools: Are they Useful?

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 27, 2009
As a level 70 Ice Wizard, I have never had a secondary school except for maybe a few astral spells and some buffing spells that are in other schools. I find it a waste to say, train fire, and have that as your second dominant school. I dominantly use Ice and I get spells that enhance those spells.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Ice, eh? For you guys, I don't know what a good secondary would be... As for something like Balance, it needs another school so that the Spirit Blades and Traps and the Elemental Blades and Traps actually are useful.

Defender
Jul 06, 2011
Yes, but if your fighting an ice school boss with a solid resist againts ice, what are you gonna do then? your ice prism won't get you very far. I'm a level 39 thaumaturge, and I've learned up to kraken in storm, and up to cyclopes in myth (that was a waste of training points) But storm has gotten me out of many tough situations.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
nlhf1995 wrote:
As a level 70 Ice Wizard, I have never had a secondary school except for maybe a few astral spells and some buffing spells that are in other schools. I find it a waste to say, train fire, and have that as your second dominant school. I dominantly use Ice and I get spells that enhance those spells.

With my first wizard I thought it was kind of mandatory to take another school so did, I am not sorry I trained death to feint but could of passed on balance to hydra. After I worked her to highest level I started other wizards and they are only getting out side school spells that enhance the ones they get from their school, I dropped all the balance spells around level 40 with my life wizard over getting power pips for my school ones.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
As an Ice, would one not want to train in Life for the healing spells?

I too, found it to be rather wasteful to train in a secondary school for the attack spells. I only did in order to train for the utility and enhancement spells.