Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

The Concept Of The Noob

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 16, 2011
Um, noob is'nt really that insulting. It's just short for newbie, which means a new player.
However, I have noticed that not many players on wizard 101 use the internet term, "noob," and its more widely used on other games or destinations.

Explorer
Oct 28, 2010
Never have I seen this word used to mean "new player".

I have seen this word used as a derogatory term. It is a form of name calling and should be treated as such.

Unfortunately, due to the imaginative nature of people, banning the word would only cause a new word or phrase to be used.

Thankfully, KI gave us the means (yay ignore button!) of making these people a non-issue.

To all those people who have a problem with those that use the term, I suggest you start a campaign to ignore any person who uses "noob".

If you were to get enough people to join all the players who use that term will become irrelevant.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
Look don't worry about it if someone calls you a noob say hey let's pvp then and unless you really are a noob you will own them that's what i do on my lvl 70 fire warlord :) or just ignore them lol not that hard.

Survivor
Mar 02, 2011
I know all of this... but you wouldn't believe my age.I am never called a noob, except the time when i added a guy to my buddy list back when i had free to play.He said you're a noob to me and then i said, 'Whats a noob?' He told me it means new player and i didnt feel bad.Anyway he liked noobs i don't know why but i dont remember his name but he liked noobs... for real! :D i was a noob at at time anyway.... good luck at not calling people noobs, the member wizard Chelsea Stormthistle lvl 20 also known as (a.k.a.) free to play person Jenna Rainbow blossom lvl 11

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
From what I've seen around the interwebz:

Both noob and newbie mean the same thing- a new (or inexperienced) player. The difference between the two is that "noob" refers to someone who is rude, spams for items/friendship, and doesn't take the advice that's given to them.

-

I have no problems helping newbies~ this time last year, I was one. I do, however, have problems with random people who hit up my legendary sorceress with friend requests at the bazaar or expect that I'll do their quests for them. Sorry, but my own stuff takes priority over me helping you.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
bushbaby123 wrote:
Hello, i have been playing w101 for a really loooong time.And recently i have read and commented on this certain subject. A noob is a lower leveled player or something else which i will not say for the sake of anybody young reading this. For example: A player who just started playing who is like i don't know 10-11 years old was called a noob. They asked their parent what it meant and they said something like "I do not want you playing this game any more if they allow this kind of language," their account is deleted and they can never enjoy the fun of this game ever again.
I hate being called a noob, especilly if the wizard is lower in level of me.But sadly the word noob is NOT filtered and the wizard doesn't get penalized if you report them for calling you that. The only thing you can do is not call ANYONE a noob and if you do see someone being called a noob say something like "Hey stop it he/she doesn't like being called a noob," you never know you could make a new friend.
Merry Christmas,
Grace F. lvl 43,life
Cya in the spiral!

All you do is battle them in 1v1, then win. People that call others noobs underestimate very easily. If the word is banned, there's no option but for every single wizard to be nice, and that's torture! Not everyone has to be nice, and plus that 10/11 year old kid should be menu chat. And I'm starting to get annoyed about this topic being dispayed over and over again, not to be rude, but if you can't take the word noob, you most likely are one. Only the strong survive, while the weak fall. Don't fall for a word that some random online loser calls you, fight back or ignore.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
Here is the thing. This whole argument/discussion/topic would be rendered moot and pointless if the word were 'banned'. It is as simple as that. And that is all that I meant in my last reply.

It is as ... s i m p l e ... as that.

Defender
Apr 24, 2011
well the meaning of "noob" is nothing bad really. It's mostly used on popular war games such as Halo, call of duty, battlefield etc. it doesn't really make sense calling someone a noob on MMORPG game because Noob means someone who uses a grenade launcher consistently on war games.

Defender
Feb 12, 2011
You n00bs need to lighten up! :)

At the end of the day though, if you don't like it then none of us should try and convince you otherwise.

If I call you a n00b in the game and you don't like it - you are welcome to let me know and I'll not call you it again. You can also ignore me, tp away, or report me - whatever you need/want to do, I don't mind.

Well this n00b has got to go so, peace :)

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
RavenLady777 wrote:
It doesn't matter the age of the player on either end of the word noob. It means newbie, aka new player. Everyone was new at one time. Just click 'ignore' and move on.

I second that!! :3