Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bug in Dragonspyre's Tower of War

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 14, 2009
Ok I died in Tower of War and when I went to go back and the burning hate wasnt there. So I just walked and I saw the Burning Hate still not visible but then I got into battle! After a while the Burning Hate was now visible, but I couldn't attack it. I tried to use my Kraken treasure card on it, but then it wouldn't be checked. You know, the green check near the wand when you battle. That bug caused me to lose xp, due to I can't battle and defeat it. So its taking me a very long time to try to level up. Can Wizard101 kill this bug? Does anyone have the same problems? Please reply back someone.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
There is something wrong with the elementals...if you need to combat, click on the name, rather than on the body, and your spell should work...worked for me today.

Defender
Nov 05, 2008
fano23 wrote:
Ok I died in Tower of War and when I went to go back and the burning hate wasnt there. So I just walked and I saw the Burning Hate still not visible but then I got into battle! After a while the Burning Hate was now visible, but I couldn't attack it. I tried to use my Kraken treasure card on it, but then it wouldn't be checked. You know, the green check near the wand when you battle. That bug caused me to lose xp, due to I can't battle and defeat it. So its taking me a very long time to try to level up. Can Wizard101 kill this bug? Does anyone have the same problems? Please reply back someone.

some of the can't hit them elementals and others you have to use spells to attack all, or use your minion.
theses are tips others passed to me and they work, just not all the time
Fire elementals can be hit by going at the eyes to click
water elementals click on thier name

Survivor
Jan 24, 2009
Survivor
Jul 10, 2008
The elementals are bugged, and they've been announced on the message board by Prof. Greyrose.

However, there's another issue that I think you are referring to - it is very difficult to target some creatures (elementals, dragons) because in order to select them for an attack, you have to hit the exact right spot. With elementals, I found that spot to be the left shoulder (their right shoulders).

I had some frustration about this and a friend of mine experienced the same thing. She thought she couldn't attack, but when I told her to target the left side of the elemental, she was fine.

Hope this helps!

Explorer
Jan 18, 2009
Sundowner76 wrote:
The elementals are bugged, and they've been announced on the message board by Prof. Greyrose.

However, there's another issue that I think you are referring to - it is very difficult to target some creatures (elementals, dragons) because in order to select them for an attack, you have to hit the exact right spot. With elementals, I found that spot to be the left shoulder (their right shoulders).

I had some frustration about this and a friend of mine experienced the same thing. She thought she couldn't attack, but when I told her to target the left side of the elemental, she was fine.

Hope this helps!

I can see your point, but for the elementals, it's just a plain bug. To target a spell on an elemental, click on the little tag at the top of the game screen that tells you their name, health and pips.