Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Blade plus strong spell, equals stronger?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Hi! It's Wolf HawkBreaker and i just have a little question for anyone out there. I was on my ice and i saw that he didnt get his ice blade until Mooshu. And we have horrible attacks! But, I started a fire, and i discovered the first spell fire gets is the fire blade. Now, since fire is the second best attack school, I don't see why they need a blade this early if thier spells are already really strong. So, here is my example,

Fire Cat+35 fire blade=200 or more damage. Thats 200, while ice beetle does 65-105. Thats almost 100 damage more!
Same with storm, they get their blade pretty early and they have super strong spells. That just makes them stronger. This isn't PvP talk.
Just wondering. So, i just wanna know why you gave the strongest schools their blades earlier than the weaikest schools.

Historian
May 01, 2010
They need the blades more at that level. You would probably be able to scrape by without a blade, because of superior defence, as an ice. While fire and storm dont have much defence, and need to boost attacks for quick kills to survive. They do however balance out the blades, so they are fairly even to the attacks (ever notice how an unboosted evil snomen with blade, comes awfully close to a bladed storm shark, no boost? The last time I tried it did that)

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
Hi! It's Wolf HawkBreaker and i just have a little question for anyone out there. I was on my ice and i saw that he didnt get his ice blade until Mooshu. And we have horrible attacks! But, I started a fire, and i discovered the first spell fire gets is the fire blade. Now, since fire is the second best attack school, I don't see why they need a blade this early if thier spells are already really strong. So, here is my example,

Fire Cat+35 fire blade=200 or more damage. Thats 200, while ice beetle does 65-105. Thats almost 100 damage more!
Same with storm, they get their blade pretty early and they have super strong spells. That just makes them stronger. This isn't PvP talk.
Just wondering. So, i just wanna know why you gave the strongest schools their blades earlier than the weaikest schools.

You get the fireblade right away for two reasons. Yes, you are the second hardest hitter, but, you also have terrible health to start and you're not QUITE strong enough to one hit kill enemies (particularly with your DoT spells) without a blade. Ice has enough health to live long enough to whittle enemies down. It does make ice battles take absolutely forever, particularly if you solo, with a great chance for bad luck to take you out... but hey, it is what it is.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
Storm and Fire have low health, so they need the blades to help them attack and take out the enemy before they die. They don't have the health or the time to last a really long battle with weak spells.

Hero
Sep 08, 2008
This whole blade issue brings up a question for me.

I know Life wizards get the Life blade too. But, when do they get it, and from where?