Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Reported Again!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 24, 2010
I was letting my nephew play this and some guy reported him because when this wizard that reported jumped in the battle, the very same round my nephew killed the enemies. The guy called him a "Show off" then walked off. I was then called into the room and told the guy was fallowing my character (nephew) around and reported him twice and private chatting him, "You did me wrong." an "I don't like show off."

To retaliate my nephew reported back saying how he was bothering him, I told him to hit ignore after the report, which he did. So the guy kept on following so I had him switch realms. I just want to make sure the reports my nephew made dont get my account banned since he could have simply hit ignore.

Thanks.

Hero
Jun 11, 2010
One or two false report won't get you banned. If you get a history, then you might get a minor punishment. You only get banished if you do something really bad.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
This is why KI asks that you not share passwords. You are responsible for the actions "anyone" does while on your account.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2010
Both of you are wrong. It wasn't right for him to call your nephew a show off. The reports that your nephew got were VERY FLASE. But yours telling Kingsisle that he was bothering you was also false because they have the ignore button there. Reporting was not right for both of you but ignoring and switching realms is okay. Don't worry about your nephew getting banned, though.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Your account is safe, however, reporting someone for following you/him is not a reportable offense. Neither is reporting for "showing off" or anything else the other guy reported your nephew for.

hitting 'ignore' was the correct move, as was switching realms. That's about all you can really do in a case like this.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2010
Yea i've gotten reported countless times for nothing! Once i didnt say a thing and got reported it was not fun at all. But hitting ignore is the right thing to do.

Champion
Jan 23, 2009
iceking355 wrote:
Both of you are wrong. It wasn't right for him to call your nephew a show off. The reports that your nephew got were VERY FLASE. But yours telling Kingsisle that he was bothering you was also false because they have the ignore button there. Reporting was not right for both of you but ignoring and switching realms is okay. Don't worry about your nephew getting banned, though.

Really? Come on if someone is following my son (any child) by all means REPORT HIM/HER. Let KI sort it out.

Let me remind yo that tail gating someone in real life and online is harrassment AND ILLEGAL. I believe Wizard 101 should have zero tolerance for those who do this (and its quite common) and nip this in the bud. I am a parent who plays with kids who play. I think it is personally creepy for someone who can be any kind of person taking interested in me or my child. Bottomline you kids can debate this all you want. But the I am not paying 120 (min) and whatever I do in crowns to have to deal with immature persons who claim to be too young to know better but are old enough to figure out how to cuss me out and never hit the filter.

If KI banned his nephew after reading the transcripts (and assuming the story is true) and seeing that he was defending himself? I would no longer be a member I would delete my property and quit.

Before all things ego and petty fights is the idea that I let my sons play this because I feel its safe. Missing the feeling of saftey and this or no other online game is worth my patronage.

I hope we are all clear. The games being played in WC (scams and outright theif) is bad enough. KI clearly puts the responsibity on the members. Ok.

But it is not acceptable to through us off (ban) because we are being harrassed and if nothing is eventually done to change the offender (which i suspect) than justice dictates that you at the very least mark their account. Because the people I have reported are more than likely being reported all the time. Just like when you started muting folks (high five) if you ban those bully packs on the spiral they will stop doing it.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Sojourna wrote:

Really? Come on if someone is following my son (any child) by all means REPORT HIM/HER. Let KI sort it out.

As aggravating as that is, following someone is not a reportable offense and doing so will only cause problems for the reporter in the long run. Following someone around in Wizard101 is considered being rude. This is completely different from real life stalking, since in Wizard101 you are an avatar and have tools at your disposal to deal with this problem and Wizard101 does not offer identifying features like online stalking found in social media like Facebook (so it's hard to justify the described actions as illegal, at least in a real life court of law). Additionally, unless you tell someone your age, there is no way to know how old someone is to even be considered a greater offense if they are a child or not. Also, it is impossible for someone to follow you unless you allow them. Switching realms will stop that bothersome action from occurring. I don't disagree that those types of actions are ridiculous and problematic, but I would hate for someone to follow that advice and get marks against their own account (because banning is probably not at stake in this situation) because they using the reporting function instead the ignore/switch realms feature like the original poster has already done and thus stopped the activity.

If I read the original poster's post clearly, the concern is that their nephew reported someone and may have endured a "bad" mark against their account. The original poster likely knows what is reportable and not, and there in lies the concern.

A reminder of what is not considered a reportable offense can be found at the link below:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl